The theme of the lesson: CLOTHES
The theme of the lesson: CLOTHES
Teacher: Mukhatova Ardak
- Educational — To introduce clothes vocabulary and speak about the clothes, To introduce present continuous for descriptions: He’s wearing. She’s wearing. They’re wearing.
- Developing — to develop pupil’s speaking, writing and reading activities;
- Up-bringing – to promote respect for other cultures; forming ability mutual cooperation when working in a group.
Type of the lesson: combined
Visual aids: an interactive board, a textbook, pictures, cards.
|I.||Introduction:||a) Greeting||1 min.|
|b) Talking with the pupil’s on duty.||1 min.|
|c) Talking about the weather and date with the class.||2 min.|
|d) Warm-up||3 min.|
| II. |
|Introduction of the lesson’s objectives||a) to introduce clothes vocabulary|
|b) to introduce present continuous for descriptions: He’s wearing. She’s wearing||5 min.|
|Practice||a) Explaining by giving tasks||16 min.|
|b) Discussion||8 min.|
|Conclusion||a) Giving home task||2 min.|
|b) Evaluation||1 min.|
- Good morning dear pupils! I am great to see you. Sit down please!
- b) Talking with the pupil’s on duty.
- Who is on duty today?
- Who is absent today?
- c) Talking about the weather and date with the class.
- What is the weather like today?
- What day of the week is it today?
- What date is it today?
- Warm-up: Doing the puzzle
- Well, friends, to begin with,have a look at the blackboard, please. Here is a puzzle for you to do. Name all the words in the pictures; take only the first letter of each word and you will read the topic of today’s lesson.For example, a cat – letter ‘c’ ….. (вывешивается буква c на скотч или на магнит).
P1, P2, P3, …..: lemon – ‘l’, orange – ‘o’, table– ‘t’, house – ‘h’, elephant – ‘e’, star –‘s’.
- So,what key word have we got? … (‘Clothes’).
- Introduction of the lesson’s objectives
- Clothes vocabulary
- Pupils, now look at the board and write down new words
- Explaining: Present continuous
- We make the present continuous tense by adding -ing to the base verb. Normally it’s simple — we just add -ing. But sometimes we have to change the word a little. Perhaps we double the last letter, or we drop a letter. Here are the rules to help you know how to spell the present continuous tense.
|Basic rule||Just add -ing to the base verb:|
|Exception 1||If the base verb ends in consonant + stressed vowel + consonant, double the last letter:|
(vowels = a, e, i, o, u)
|Note that this exception does not apply when the last syllable of the base verb is not stressed:|
|Exception 2||If the base verb ends in ie, change the ie to y:|
|Exception 3||If the base verb ends in vowel + consonant + e, omit the e:|
- Explaining by giving tasks
- Now I am checking your understanding. Look at the picture and answer: What are they wearing? He/She is wearing…
- And what are you wearing today? I am wearing……(work in pairs)
- Now, let’s solve a crossword puzzle
- In small groups or pairs discuss the following questions about fashion and clothes.
Speaker /Group 1
- What kind of clothes do you like to wear?
- How many pairs of shoes do you own?
- Where do you buy your clothes from?
- What is your favorite fashion brand?
- Do you like to get dressed up when going out with friends?
- What do you think of when you hear the word “fashion” ?
- Does your country have a national dress or traditional type of clothing?
- Do you like to follow the latest trends in fashion?
- How often do you go shopping for clothes or shoes?
- Do you like going clothes shopping?
- What things are important to you when buying clothes for yourself?
- What is your favorite style of clothing?
- Giving home task
- At home learn new words and do these test
- These new_____ are too small! My feet hurt.
A trousers B shoes C shirts D glasses
- It’s raining. Take your____ when you go out
A tie B jumper C coat D shoes
- Wear a___ on your head when the sun is very strong.
A hat B shirt C coat D pocket
- It was late, so I____ my clothes off and got into bed.
A made B wore C took D put
- Women today can wear trousers or______ to work.
A shirts B jackets C hats D skirts
- At some schools the children all wear a/an_______. Then they all look the same.
A tracksuit B overall C costume D uniform
- In many office jobs, men wear_____ to work.
A suits B pyjamas C vests D costumes
- In winter, when it’s cold, I sometimes wear a/an____ under my shirt to keep warm.
A jacket B jumper C top D vest
- I don’t like jeans. So I always wear________.
A trousers B socks C pockets D sandals
- Men have shirts, and women have_______.
A buttons B blouses C cardigans D gloves
- I have breakfast in my pyjamas, then I get_______ and go to school.
A put B worn C taken D dressed
- My trousers are very big. I need a____ .
A bra B belt C sock D tie
- The lesson is over. Thank you for your work, boys and girls. You were so active, clever and friendly today. Good bye!