The theme of the lesson: Health habits
Form: 10 “A”
The theme of the lesson: Step 4. Health habits.
The aims of the lesson: 1. To explain pupils Infinitives and verbs after which infinitive is used; 2. To enlarge pupil’s vocabulary with the words connected health (good and bad) habits; 3. To give pupils more information about advantages and disadvantages of using computers and train them to mark themselves.
The kind of the lesson: New lesson
The methods and techniques: explanation, discussion, question-answer, pair work, crossword, matching, game etc.
The visual aids: slide, different colored marking counters , schemes, grammar table etс.
- Organization moment.
- Greeting with the pupils.
- Checking up pupils attendance.
- Warm-up (to check pupil’s physiological prepare to the lesson)
Who see me clap your hands one time, who listen to me clap two times, who wants to take good marks today please clap three times.
Oh, great! I feel from your applaud that you are ready to the lesson and want to take excellent marks.
- Checking up homework.
Before beginning the lesson I notice today you’ll mark yourselves by these colored counters (“5”-red, “4”-blue, “3”-yellow).
Ex.2. “Why is sleep important?” retelling the text. Ex. 10. Finish the story “The Haunted House ”. I want to check your vocabulary by this task.
- Become lower.
- A person who has difficulty with sleep.
- Less important.
- Synonym of the word “doctor”.
- To find size, amount.
- Stop or keep a person from doing smth.
- Nervous and tired.
- Damage to the body caused by an accident.
So we find the word “Computer”. Choose the statement which reflects your own experiences and feelings and show it. Your experience.
- New lesson.
|I have one at home.|
|I use one at school sometimes.|
|I have used one occasionally.|
|I have no experience.|
|I am very good at using it.|
|I can’t imagine my life without a computer.|
|I hate it.|
How do you think? Is using computer bad or good habit?
Pupil’s ideas and opinions. I think it’s bad habit. Because we lose much time for it and damage our eyes.
I think it’s good habit. Because we can take much information from it and be good-educated.
Let’s listen the text on page 63. “Project” method. On the tape recorder.
- What did Erlan’s father buy for him and by what way?
- What happened with Erlan after buying the computer?
- What was finally?
Pupils pay attention to the underlined words. What are they?
- To +infinitive after verbs agree _____
He seemed to be very interested in computers.
- b) An object + to +infinitive after verbs advise
He didn’t want it to damage his eyes.
- c) to+ infinitive after the question words when
He learned how to use his friend’s computer.
- d) to+ infinitive to show purpose or the reason why someone does something.
At midnight he got up to work again.
- e) infinitive without to after make
modal verbs: must, could
had better, would rather, why not
My mother made me do my homework.
I could read when I was four.
I’d rather stay at home.
Work with the exercise-book.
Let’s write Ex.14 on p.64.
- Of verbs after which we use an infinitive with the particle to:
(seem, would love, afford, wait, want, persuade, threaten, pretend, bear, hope, would like. )
- Of question words after which an infinitive with the particle to:
- Of verbs after which an infinitive is used without a particle to:
(Make, let, could)
- Infinitive of purpose: decide to work
- If you are tired let’s have leisure time (stretch). Broken Telephone
The leader first must think of a sentence or phrase and whisper it to the person beside her. That person will then whisper what she heard to the next person. Each person can only say, «Can you please repeat that?» one time. When the message reaches the end of the chain that person must speak out loud.
Ex 2. What are the advantages and disadvantages of having a computer.
Complete each sentence using what, where, how,. Use one of the following verbs.
Do, ride, use, wear, go, change.
- Have you decided __________ for your holidays? (where to go)
- I was really embarrassed. I didn’t know ___________ . (what to do)
- Can someone show me ______________ the film in this camera? (how to change)
- You’ll never forget ______________ a bicycle once you have learned. (how to ride)
- Do you know _________ for the party? (what to wear)
- Can you show me __________ the fax machine. (how to use)
Task 2. Insert the particle to where it’s necessary.
- The clown was really funny. He made us _____ laugh. (-)
- My brother doesn’t know how ________ repair the video. (to)
- As I caught a cold, I was made _______ stay at home. (to)
- My uncle who lives in Astana invited me _______ visit them on my holiday. (to)
- My parents don’t let me _____ use the computer for a long time. (-)
- Why not _____ go to Paris and ____ enjoy our holiday? (-,-)
- It’s nice _____ see our friends again. (to)
- You’d better _____ take an aspirin, if you have a headache. (-)
- I’d rather _______ listen to the Beatles. (-)
Task 3. Make sentences with it and an adjective followed by a to –infinitive.
a)You can learn to ride a motorcycle. It’s easy. It’s easy ____________________.
b)Travelling all over the world is fascinating. It’s fascinating _______________.
- c) You can buy any kind of computer. It’s easy _________________________.
- d) Try to find the city on the map. It’s not difficult. It’s difficult ______________.
- e) You can use this ladder. It’s quite safe. It’s safe _________________________ .
Keys: a) It’s easy to learn to ride a motorcycle.
- b) It’s fascinating to travel all over the world.
- c) It’s easy to run any kind of software.
- d) It’s not difficult to find the city on the map.
- e) It’s safe to use this ladder.
- Giving the homework.
Your homework is Ex.17,18. Essay “My rule at school” using Infinitives.
VI.Putting the marks.
Count your counters and definite your marks