Using the Pronouns in English Есімдіктердің ағылшын тілінде қолданылуы
Using the Pronouns in English Есімдіктердің ағылшын тілінде қолданылуы
Есімдіктер есім сөздердің атын да, белгісін де, санын да, атамай тек нұсқап меңзеп көрсетеді де, солардың орнына қолданылады. Ағылшын тілінде бірнеше есімдіктер бар. Олар Personal pronouns (жіктеу есімдіктері), Possessive pronouns (тәуелдік есімдіктері), Demonstrative pronouns (сілтеу есімдіктері), Reflexive pronouns (өзіндік есімдіктері), Indefinit pronouns (белгісіздік есімдіктері) т.б.
- Personal Pronouns (Жіктеу есімдігі)
Жіктеу есімдігінің жасалу жолдары төмендегідей тізбе сызықтары арқылы көрсетілген.
Жіктеу есімдігі атау септігінде(the Nominative case) Who?(кім) сұрағына жауап берсе, табыс септігінде ( the Objective case ) Whom?(кімге?) деген сұрағына жауап береді.
She, He, It (ол) We (біз)
I (мен) Who? They (олар)
Me (маған) Whom? Them (оларға)
You (саған) You (сендерге)
Him, Her, It (оған) Us (бізге)
I am a doctor. She is a nice girl. They are good friends. We are very clever pupils. My aunt gives me a gift. I promise to invite them to my birthday party. The teacher explains us (them, her, him) the rule of the task.
- Possessive Pronouns (Тәуелдік есімдіктері)
Тәуелдік есімдіктері зат есімді анықтап тұрады және тек зат есімнің алдында қолданылады. Whose? (кімнің? Кімдікі?) деген сұраққа жауап береді.
| Possessive pronouns (Тәуелдік есімдіктері)
Whose? (Кімнің?) Whose? (Кімдікі?)
|My (менің) Our (біздің)
Your (сенің) Your (сендердің)
Her (оның) Their (олардың)
|Mine (менікі) Ours (біздікі)
Yours (сенікі) Yours (сендердікі)
Hers (Оныкі) Theirs (олардікі)
My name is Marzhan. Whose name is Marshan? What is yours? Mine is Asel.
This is my flat. It is mine. That is her camera. That’s hers. Their job is not easy.
Whose school is this? It is ours. Your watch is wrong. Yours is wrong
Есіңе сақта ! : my, your, his …. есімдігі әлбетте зат есімнің алдында қолданылады.
Mine, yours, his… — есімдіктері зат есімсіз қолданылады.
- Reflexive Pronouns (Өздік есімдіктер)
Өздік есімдіктері ағылшын тілінде жіктеу есімдігіне жекеше түрде — self, ал көпше түрдегі есімдіктерге – selves жалғауы жалғануы арқылы жасалады. Өздік есімдігі әр адамның белгілі бір істі өзі істегендігін көрсетіп тұрады.
| Reflexive Pronouns (Өздік есімдіктері)
|I — myself (өзім)
You — yourself (өзің)
He — himself (ол өзі)
She — herself ( ол өзі)
It — itself ( ол өзі)
|We — ourselves (өзіміз)
You — yourselves (өздеріңіз
They — themselves (өздері)
He solved his problem himself. I brush my teeth myself every morning. The little girl cleans her rooms herself. The farmers grow and look after vegetables themselves. We can translate the text ourselves. The cat drinks milk itself. You should repair your car yourself.
- Demonstrative Pronouns (сілтеу есімдіктері)
Сілтеу есімдіктері нұсқау және көрсету мағынарын білдіретін есімдіктің түрі.This( these)ақын жердегі затты атаса, that (those)алысырақ қашықтықтағы затты көрсетеді.
This(мынау) These (мыналар)
That (анау) Those (аналар)
This is a big city. These are big cities. I like this skirt. I like these nice skirts. That is an old house where I have lived before. Those geese are ours. I want to buy this round watch. Show, me please, those new watches. These countries situated in Europe.
Есте сақта: This, that – жекеше түрде. Those, these – көпше түрде қолданылады.
This is … That is ….. These are…. Those are ….
Indefinite Pronouns (белгісіз есімдіктері)
Белгісіз есімдіктер саналатын және саналмайтын зат есімдермен қолданылады. Олар Болымды, Болымсыз және Сұраулы сөйлемдермен қолданылады.
Some body (біреу)
one (әлдекім) thing (ешнәрсе)
were (бір жерде)
No body (ешкім)
thing (ешнәрсе) one (ешкім)
Any body (ешкім) were (ешқайда)
were (еш жерде)
1 Болымды сөйлемде жауап бергенде көпше түрде қолданылады. Are there any pictures on the wall? Yes, there are some. I have bought some souvenirs for my relatives on the way.
- Ұсыныс жасағанда. Would you like some orange juice?
- Саналматын зат есіммен тек жекеше түрде қолданылады. There is some bread on the plate. I need some water. There is some fresh meat in the fridge , take it please.
Any есімдігі болымсыз сөйлемде және сұраулы сөйлемде қолданылады. Have you any problem? No, I haven’t any problem. ( I have no problem )
Indefinite pronouns : much, many, little ,a little, few, a few.
Much Many Little Few (саналмайтын зат есім) (саналатын зат есім) (саналмайтын зат есім) (саналатын зат есім)
much sugar many desk little sugar few pears
much rain many pens a little rain a few cars
Есіңе сақта !
few, a few, many – (бірнеше, көп) тек қана көпше түрде саналатын зат есімдермен қолданылады, little, a little, much – (азырақ, көп) тек қана жекеше түрде саналмайтын зат есімдермен қолданылады.
lots of, a lot of – (көп) барлық жағдайда қолданылады. For example :
There are many tall houses in the town. I have bought a few postcards for our class. There is little (a little) oil in the bottle. There was much rain in this autumn. There are a lot of plants.
How much . . . … is there?
There is …… oil
sugar ( little, a little , much)
There is little (much) money. There is a little petrol in my car, I cant use it. There is much flour on the basket.
Make up sentences using many, some, a few, few , a lot of
Spoons on the wall
Sofas on the table
cups in the room ?
How many ….. matches are there … in the bag
maps in the sink
- Grammar exercises. (Грамматикалық жаттығулар)
Level – A.
Exercise – 1.
Көп нүктенің орнына тиісті жіктеу есімдігін қойыңдар. ( I, you , he , she , it, we, they)
- … am a boy of seventh form. …. is my sister. 3. This is my uncle. …. is a dentist in our district hospital 4. ….. have five lessons every day. 5 …. am fond of riding a horse. 6. Omar and Erlan stay at home … are playing computer games there. 7. … often go to the library to take book for reading. 8. My near friend has a dog. …. is very funny. 9. Mairas mother is at home today. …. does not go to work on Saturday. 10 We have seen this man at the market, … does shopping there. …. are crossing the street when we saw them.
Exercise – 2.
Өздік есімдігін дұрыс қолданыңдар. (myself, yourself, herself , himself, itself, our selves, yourselves, themselves)
- The little girl cleans her tooth …. every morning . My brother likes to draw animals ….. 3 I do shopping … every day. 4. My old grandfather reads the book still …. 5 The farmers grow many vegetables in every spring time .…. . 6 The driver must repair his car …. 7. You must clean your room …. because I am busy all day. 8. We usually make an apple cake …. 9. The little puppy feeds …. 10 Does she wash up dishes … in the kitchen ? 11. My children often prepare the meal …. when I am not at home. 12 My grandfather reads …. a newspaper without any glass.
Exercise – 3.
Сөйлемнің дұрыс аудармасын табыңдар.
- Менің қызым төсегін өзі жинайды. Мен түскі асты өзім даярлаймын. 3. Менің достарым туған күн кешіне өздері келіпті. 4 Сендер мына гүлдерді өздерің суғаруларың керек. 5. Ұл бала сабағын өзі қарайды. 6. Біз концертке билетті өзіміз сатып алдық 7 Ұл бала атқа өзі шаба алады.
a)The boy does his homework himself. b) You must water these flowers yourselves. c) I always cook dinner myself. d) My friends came to the 1 party themselves. e) The boy can ride a horse himself. i )We have bought the ticket for the concert ourselves.
1 – 3 — 5 — 7-
2- 4 — 6 –
Exercise – 4. Көп нүктенің орнына тәуелдік есімдігін дұрыс қойыңдар. (my – mine, your – yours, she – hers ….)
- …… hobby is playing volleyball. ….. favorite subjects are English and History. 3. This rubber is …. , where is …. ? 4. …. little cousin gets up and washes …. face herself. 5. This is my son and I want to speak with ….. teacher. 6. Your houses are bigger than …. . 7. This is your new friend, … name is Eldos. 8. They often share with …. things. 9. Here are Omars and Asels gifts, mine is on the shelf where is … ? 10 … hair is dark as … . 11Our dictionaries are here but where are … ?
Exercise – 5.
Белгісіздік есімдіктерін дұрыс қойыңдар (Some, any)
- Are there …. pillows on the bed? Yes , there are ….. Would you like …. vegetable soup.? 3. There aren’t …. spoons on the plate but there are … forks there. 4. I can’t see …. people in the street because it raining all day. 5 There isn’t …. milk in the bottle. 6. There aren’t …. potatoes at home, we have to go to the market 7 Mum, have you left …. money for me? 8. There are …. nice carpets on the floor of their living room. 9. Have you bought …. postcards for holiday, we must send to our relatives. 10 Yes , don’t worry I have bought … .
Exercise – 6.
Нүктенің орнына (a, an, some) сөздерін қойыңдар.
…. rubber …plant … fork …. umbrella ….meat … mirror …armchair …money … salt … rain … milk … .cheese … watch …plate ….oil ….potato. … water …. onion
Exercise – 7 much ,many, (a )little (a) few
. We usually spend …. time at school during our holiday. 2. It was too cold and there weren’t ….. people in the street. 3.There is …. Sugar on the plate don’t add … . 4 Our boys have done ….. work today. 5. Can anybody speak English in your class? Yes, I can speak … 6 Our parents stayed only a …. days there, because they must come back home. 7. There was …. rain in this summer. 8. I have ….. true friends and I always can rely on them. 9. My mother usually adds …. salt to the meal, but I don’t like … . 10. My fathers car need not…. petrol. 11 Does Asel have … mistakes in her work?
No, she has … . 12. I have found … information about teenagers problem.
Exercise – 8.
Сілтеу есімдіктерді қолданып, аудармасын беріңдер. (this, that, those, these)
мына ұл мына көйлектер анау гүл ана алмалар мына төсек ана сурет мына үй мына ағаштар ана ілгіштер мына төсеніштер сол қала ана ұшақтар
мына пышақ ана қасқырлар
Exercise – 9. Берілген сөздерден сөйлем құрастырыңдар.
- Apples, are, these, red. Our, that, new, is ,school, building. 3. Is , yours ,this, mine , раіnt, is where, ? 4. Toys, are, those, expensive, very. 5. Woman, my, that, is mother. 6. Houses, live, those, near, I, park, the , in. 7. Day, boy, I, that, you, every, see , do ? 8 Has, in, girl, a , hands, the , her, ball, little. 9 , They, address, can, this, themselves, find 10 Is, the, something, in, of , see, we ,room, corner, the.
1 Do you want anything to drink ? No ,I want to drink nothing. 2 I have read something interesting in the newspaper. 3. The teacher asked : Is anybody absent at the lesson ? We answer : nobody is absent, all are present today. 4 I saw something dark in the garden. 5 Is there anything on the plate ? Yes, there is some cheese and butter on it. 6 Has anybody in your family read a story about famous Robinson Crusoe ? 7. There is something under the bed I cant see it. 8. When my brother was young he could nothing draw now he is a popular artist.
Exercise – 10.
Сөйлемдерді ағылшын тіліне аударыңдар
1.Мынау менің апайым. Ол мектепте ағылшын тілінің мұғалімі. 2. Мен компьютер ойынын ұнатамын. 3. Оның сүйікті пәні – тарих, бірақ менікі – сурет. 4. Менің досым өзі тоқи алады.5 Біздің сынып оқушылары ағылшынша жақсы сөйлейді және мәтінді аударады 6. Оның ағасы пианинода өзі ойнайды. 7. Мынау үстел, анау не? 8. Стол үстінде азырақ нан және май бар. 9. Мен ата -анама бірнеше сыйлықтар сатып алдым. 10. Сенің алма шырынын ішкіңіз келе ме? Жоқ, мен шырынды ұнатпаймын 11. Менің ағам ауруханада дәрігер. 12. Еденде ештеңе жоқ.
Берілген тәуелдік есімдіктерін аударып сөйлемдерді оқыңдар.
1.Your flat is more modern than(біздікі) 2.(менің) favorite subjects are Physical training and Biology. 3.I love (олрдың) parents they are very kind for me. 4. (біздің) village is not far from their town. 5.(оның) skirt is too short for her and it isnt fit her. 6.This black bike is (менікі) where is (сенікі)? 7.Whose test has more mistakes his or (оныкі). ? 8.(олардың) classmates have won the game and ( олар) were good football players. 9.The foreign travelers don`t understand (біздің) questions and I must translate ( оларға) 10. My neighbour has lost ( өзінің) nice cat. ( Оның) colour was grey.
(Нүктенің орынына тиісті есімдіктерді қойыңдар)
- Reading is … hobby but … hobby is painting. 2 This is Mikes uncle, … comes from England. 2We should help … parents to gather an autumn harvest . 3 … new girls moved to our school from other village last month. 4. … am a bank manager and …. isn’t an easy job for me. 5 She usually tidies … room on Sunday …. , when she was free. 6 I want to buy …. It is very cheap. 6 Mum, where is … white shirt , I cant find…? 7. The children have quickly … clothes on and go for a walk. 8 When have you made … cake, … is very delicious. 9 We are waiting for our uncle and aunt at the railway station , ….. must arrive soon. 10. Where is … house , … . .little boy ? 11 … has knocked at the door but I don’t hear … .
Көп нүктенің орнына өздік есімдігін қойып сөйлемдерді аударыңдар.
(myself , yourself , herself …..)
I usually knit my gloves and scarves … . 2 She could swim since her childhood …. . 3 My brother always repairs his things and his bike … .4 We have built our modern house in this summer …. . 5 The pupil decorate the school hall with toys, lights or colored papers …. before New Year. 6 My little daughter likes to make her bed …. 7 The old woman was lucky when she didn’t hurt … . 8 Most of my friends have learnt to use computer …. in short time. 9 Our dog Rex has found our house …. and we all are happy. 10 Omar usually irons his shirt … when he hurries up.
Сөйлемнің қатесін тауып , сөйлемдерді аударыңдар.
- I seldom take the rubbish out herself , I don’t like it.2 My cosine sometimes cuts her hair 3 We clean and dust the room yourselves. 4 Can you pay for these photos myself , I have forgotten my purse at home. 5 My elder sister sells all products from their garden himself. 6 Our relatives visit us ourselves every their holidays with their grandchildren. 7 Ainur and Saule have been to Astana and she enjoy themselves the places of interests .8 My little pussy always likes to play with me herself. 9. That growing roses need watering.
Сөйлемдерді қазақшаға аударып, есімдікті табыңдар
- Take this red apple, it`s bigger than yours. 2.Have you seen these photos of my relatives?. 3.Look at those people, they look very funny. 4. His car is newer than my uncles car. 5.That coat is too long for me I need change it. 6.His parents sent me a nice walkman for my birthday and I was very pleased with it 7. She was at home with her guests at that time. 8. Some of our children are going to learn foreign languages. 9 We may speak and understand different languages easily. 10.They will stay with their parents in a comfortable hotel in a week. 11 All people are decorated their houses or flats with colored papers ,toys, lights before New Year themselves.
Есімдікті қолдана сөйлемді көпше түрге өзгертіңдер.
- This book is new. 2. That room is clean and light.3. This skirt is very short and dark 4. I shall buy this nice dress and that brown blouse with tie.5. Give me please that picture , I want to take it.? 6. My grandmothers hobby is gardening, she grows and looks after that flower every year.7. My aunt wants to sell this old computer and buy new one. 8 She has given me this watch for my birthday recently. 9 That country lie around the
1We have grown …. carrots and cabbages in this season. ( much , many) 2 There were … people at the bus stop and took a taxi ( many, a little) 3 I have taken … magazines to read from the bookshelf. ( any, some) 4 There wasn’t … butter and sugar to make a pancake . ( no, any) 5 How … players are there in your team? ( much, many) 6 I usually take … sugar with my tea. ( no, any) 7 We don’t have … free time in this week, we are going to pass an exam. (much, many) 8 There is … rain in the street ,you may not take an umbrella. (little, few) 9 There is …. water left in the jug but I am very thirsty.( nothing, no) 10 I have seen … tasty in the fridge and I want to eat all it. ( some, something)
Exercise -8 ( some- somebody, something , any – anybody , anything no — nobody)
- I want to tell you …..interesting. 2 There are … green trees near my house.3. I have not done …. to upset you. 4 Have you seen … from your relatives there ? 5 They haven’t spent …. of their money. 6 …. has brought this letter for him. 7 There were … in the corner of the room., I couldn’t see it. 8 You need buy some oranges there are nothing left in the bucket. 9 There isn’t … snow on the ground this year. 10 There were crowded people near the office but the woman didn’t know …. .11 When we entered home …. was talking with my mother. 12 Has …. gone to the theatre today ? asked the teacher the children. 13 The children have no lessons today and they may go anywhere
14 His mother is more charming than hers. 15 This team was stronger than ours and it was a splendid victory for them.
Exercise – 9 Сөйлемдерді қазақшаға аударыңдар.
- I given him some medicine for headache, he doesn’t feel well.. 2 There was nobody in the street it was late. 3 I have received this letter from my friend recently, there is no news. 4 Don’t go out without hat you may catch a cold. 5My mother helps me to lay the table herself. 6 We have learnt some new words at the lesson. 7 There is much cloudy on the sky , I am afraid of changing of the weather. It may rain soon. 8 Childrens parents are waiting for them after meeting to return home together. 9 Those birds have flown to us in early spring time. 10 His brother is a driver and he always leaves his car here, not in the car park. Some young people sit up late watching video or playing computer games.
Exercise-10 Сөйлемдердің аудармасын табыңдар
1 Somebody has knocked at the door. a) Ол шаймен тәтті бірдеме жегісі келеді
2 I often prepare our dinner myself. b) Тағамда тұз тым көп.
3 She takes a shower with cold water. c) Мына кілт менікі, оныкі қайда ?
4 There aren’t any pictures on the shelf. d) Жүзім шырынын ішкіңіз келеді ме?
5 He wants something tasty for tea. e) Ол атқа шабуды ұнатады
6 This is my key ,where is hers ? f) Ол суық сумен жуынады
7 That team was faster than ours g) Біреу есікті қақты
8 There is too much salt in the meal. h) Мен тамақты өзім дайындаймын
9 Her hobby is riding a horse i) Сөреде ешқандай суреттер жоқ
10 Would you like some grape juice ? j) Ана топ біздікіне қарағанда
1 – 4 — 7 — 10 —
- – 5 — 8 —
- — 6 — 9 —
Level — c
Every parent must pay more attention to … children . 2 I have dropped …. key on the way and I can’t enter the office. 3 Asel is sad because … has quarreled with … little sister.4 Serik and Marat are … best friends and I haven’t seen … for a long time. 5 Have you already packed .. .. suitcase for holiday ? . 6 My mother says : “ I am very tired today , it was the worst day for … “ . 7 This participant’s good result in the team was a good example for … . They may try to be the winners too. 8 Sport is useful for … health and … helps to be flexible , fit and strong. 9 All members of the game took part very active at the ? and …. were pleased with …. . 10 I could play the violin ….. when I was young. Now I am a well known musician. 11 My classmates study at the University in New York and …. often send …. greeting, wishes in the letters. 12 The porters carry the passenger’s laggages …. to the train and so they earn some money. 13 Dosym, don’t you forget , …. have to draw about …. Motherland, where are our paints ? …. is here and ….. ? 14 A lot of teenagers like to listen loud music and they often take a walkman with …. . 15 Our teacher sometimes explains the grammar rule with … computer.
These countries — These scarves —
Those men — These cities —
Those ladies — These women —
Those mice — These stoves —
Those potatoes — These matches —
Those leaves — These boys —
Those sheets — These roofs —
Those stories — These shoes —
Those geese — These parrots —
Those cherries — These knives —
1 I didn’t want my nasty sister to read my letters and I burned …… . 2 Be careful! You may cut …. with sharp knife. 3 When we go for a walk around the town we have taken photographs …… . 4They have appolagized …. for their being late for the disscussion. 5 The new girl told us how she got several prizes for playing chess …. .6 We all have an unforgotten trip to the beach, we have enjoyed …. very much. 7 I gave them the key to our house so they could enter …. in. 8 The old man fells down the bus and hurts … badly. 9 The tourists has some problem about accomadation we hope they can solve …. It. 10 This little bird is not able to fly …. we must help it. 11 Many of teenagers usually don’t follow a diet ….. and worry about their overweight. 12 My elder sister seldom cooks …… a tasty vegetable soup for our family. 13 In foreign countries the workers clean and recycle ….. the old clothes and repair the furnutures.
Exercise -4 some, any no
1It was a public holiday in our country, so there were ….. shops and banks open. 2 My brother hasn’t got … money , can you lend him ….. ? . 3The weather is bright today . It may be …. rain tomorrow. 4 Erbol has a feeling that he has forgotten …. of his tasks on the shelf. 5 Our sport players has … enough condition to develop their skill. 6 There isn’t … drinkable water in this place the people upset about it. 7 Do you like … meat products , Saule ? Yes, I like …. lamb.8 After party we had to walk home because there were ….. traffics. 9 At the exam they couldn’t answer … questions , it was very difficult.
10 There is …. sugar, …. bread and butter , … jam on the table but there isn’t … milk there. 11 Many of students get … information at the library of our university. 12 I cant see … portraits of Kazakh writers on the wall of this building. 13 ….. rare animals and birds disappeared because there were … enough space for them. 14 The teacher often asks the children : “Have you … mistakes in your task “? No , we have … mistakes .
15 My mother bought me … blouses but I …. of them I liked, they don’t fit me.
1Somebody was standing at the corner of the house but I cant notice him. 2 You can find anything you look for at the supermarkets of the city. 3 Haven’t you seen anybody wearing a black coat here ? 4 I am a great sweet eater and I want to eat something . 5 The doctor write the patient something to get from chemist but he doesn’t take anything.
6 Everybody of us must care for our environment and nature , it is our own home. 7 Someone has spilt water on the ground and left it without cleaning it. 8 There is much petrol stations in every cities and it is one of the reasons of pollution and health problems. 9 Is there anything in the basket ? asked the grandmother for her daughter.
No, there is nothing, it is empty. 10 The little child throw his toys everywhere , on the ground, in the corner and under the bed. 11 Has anybody of you read about Ch. Dickens
ІІІ. Тест жұмысы
Level A Test 1
- … am a schoolboy
a)You b) I c) She
- … is my friend`s mother
- a) They b)His c) She
- Is this … room, Omar ?
- a) Her b) He c) Your
- Whose rubber is this, … or mine?
a)Your b) my c) yours
- … is my study and it is clean
- a) those b) his c) that
- I can ride a bike …
- a) myself b) mine c)him
- … trainers are my brother`s
- a) this b) we c) those
- I put … notebook on the shelf
- a) she b) ours c) his
- There are … bananas in the vase
- a) she b) any c) some
- … singers are in the hall
- a) any b) a few c) much
- They clean … room themselves.
- a) our b) his c) their
- There is … butter on the plate
- a) many b) any c) much
13 . … are my classmates
- a) she b) mine c)they
- Is there … hot water in the kettle?
- a) some b) any c) few
- This is a girl. … name is Ann.
- a) he b) she c) her
- We always translate the text … in English
- a) their b) ourselves c) himself
- There isn`t … grass on the ground
- a) any b) much c) few
- Would you like … tomato juice ?
- a) any b) some c) much
- … often helps me, when I am need
- a) you b) she c) we
- Pass, that salt … please
- a) she b) him c) myself
- Are there … fresh vegetables in the shop?
a)some b)any c)something
- Where is my mother? … is going to the office
- a) he b) her c) she
- … nice flowers are grown in our garden.
- a) that b) these c) it
- There are … forks in the sideboards
- a) any b) many c) much
- The text was translated by … .
- a) she b) your c) us
- Would you … chicken soup?
- a) few b) some c) anything
- The children must wash up dishes … after dinner.
a)my b)themselves c)yourself
- Can you buy any chalk for … too?
- a) I b) me c) hers
- My little sister makes … bed every day.
- a) him b) her c) much
- I have seen how … is coming there.
- a) somebody b) anything c) she
- Some of them make only … mistakes in their work
- a) few b) any c) much
- Our family wish … a good luck on trip.
- a) their b) them c) he
- This is my place and that is … ?
a)his b) she c) theirs
- How much cost … markers?
- a) this b) that c) those
- They don`t buy … during their holidays.
- a) anything b) some c) somebody
- … wants to be a dentist after leaving school
- a) they b) he c) we
- This is my scarf, where is … ?
- a) she b)myself c)yours
- My aunt has brought … toys to her niece
- a) those b) this c) their
- Whose dog runs faster mine or … ?
- a) yours b) she c) they
- May I bring … to eat for guests ?
- a) some b) anything c) something
II — Level Test 1
- Have you read … English stories?
a)much b) any c) few
- The boys parents didn`t let … go for a walk late.
- a) she b)they c) him
- He usually repairs his watch … .
- a) they b) himself c) her
- There was … in the garden. It was empty.
- a) nothing b) anybody c) herself
- Who are …. standing people?
- a) some b) they c) those
- He usually spends … time in open air.
- a) many b) much c) little
- I have known … for a long time.
- a) them b) their c) we
- There is a swimming pool in … yard .
- a) myself b) their c) her
- She must cook her dinner …
- a) yourself b) our c) herself
- I want to play volleyball with … .
- a) you b) his c) we
- There is not … coffee in the cup.
- a) much b) many c) no
- I don`t understand … about their acting.
- a) anybody b) anything c) little
- My car needs … petrol than my uncles
- a) many b) much c) no
- Do your iron your clothes … ?
- a) himself b) my c) yourself
- I have lost … key when I return home
- a) something b) my c) she
- Can you lend … some money ?
- a) them b) hers c) some
- … are my best friends from 1st form
- a) we b) his c) they
- This is my cousin. … studies in the college.
- a) we b) he c) she
- There was … snow on the ground this year
- a) many b) a little c) few
- How … does this orange juice cost?
- a) many b) much a) many
- have you ever seen… whale?
- a) some b) any c) few
- The guests ask …. to drink, they are thirsty
- a) some b) anything c) something
- There was … at home when we came
- some b) nobody c) anybody
4 All members of our team learn to ski …. .
- ourselves b) they c) themselves
5 I have chosen … colorful blouse
- some b) these c) that
6 I cant find … glass, have you seen anywhere ?
- a) his b) it c) my
7 The woman falls down from the upstairs and hurt ….
- her b) herself c ) myself
8 …. are standing at the bus stop and waiting for… .
- he me b) they she c) we them
9 This is my ticket where is …. ?
- theirs b) mine c) yours
10 Are there … plants in your room ?
- some b) anything c) any
11 We have already appointed our group leader …. .
- themselves b) ourselves c) ours
12 …. stool my purse with money last week.
- anybody b) some c) somebody
13 There isn’t … ice in the skating –rink this year
- anything b) much c) no
14 The teenagers shouldn’t leave … parents alone
- his b) their c) they
16 Where is my walkman , I cant see it … .
- some where b) anywhere c) anything
17 This is a foreigner , … nationality is Chinese
- she d) his c) her
18 My task at exam was easy and was … very difficult ?
a ) mine b) hers c) your
19 There was … in the street . It was rainy and windy
- somebody b) anybody c) nobody
20 Samal has brought …. many nice gifts from the capital
- his b) their c) them