- Educational: To enrich students knowledge on the theme ; to widen their vocabulary through doing different tasks; .
- Developmental: To develop student’s skills in oral speech; to develop student’s writing, reading and speaking abilities through giving several tasks; to improve their mental and critical thinking.
- Cultural: To bring up students to respect and love foreign language.
Visual aids: a text, cards, different tasks on the sheets, pictures of transports, grammar table
The Procedure of the lesson:
I.The org.moment (2 мин)
Good morning pupils! Good morning teacher!
Sit down please.
What date is it today? Today is ……… .
What day is today? It is ……………. .
- Today we will speak about Travelling
Warm-up. The lesson begins with the poem about Travel
(the poem is recorded and played on the computer).
Slide 1 (3 мин)
Travel is fast and great
It gives you a chance to meet and greet
It’s like having a chance to great
It’s not boring like looking at your own feet
III. Phonetic practice. Pupils read the poem with good intonation, the teacher checks and corrects where necessary.
- Now begin our lesson.
There are 3 kind of transport:
— water transport (водный): Ship, Boat
— air transport (воздушный): Plane, Helicopter
— urban transport (городской): Car, tram, motorbike, Bus, Train
Slide 3 (2 мин)
Car — машина
Plane — ұшақ
Train — пойыз
Helicopter — тікұшақ
Bus — автобус
Ship — кеме
Boat — қайық
Walk — жаяу жүру(бару)
Slide 4 (3 мин)
“Why do people travel ?”
Slide 5 (3 мин)
“Write the missing letters”
Answer the question:
- What is your favorite kind of transport?
- My favorite kind of transport is car
Slide 7 (5 мин)
Slide 6 (3 мин)
Now, divide these transports into public and private transport:
|a tram||a car|
Slide 8 (5 мин)
- Физминутка CROSSWORD
Slide 9 (3 мин)
“Who is the fastest?”
Slide 10 (2 мин)
- Comprehension check
VII. Giving up the home task
Home task: — And now write down your home task. Your home task will be repeat the grammar rule, to learn by heart the new words
Thank you for your activity. Your marks. The lesson is over. Good bye.