How much juice ?
How much juice ?
Aims : 1. To enrich the students’ speech using active vocabulary.
- To develop their reading , writing , speaking skills and grammar.
- To bring up students to be attentive, to write neatly and correctly
Methods : group work , individual work , brainstorming
The procedure of the lesson
- Organization moment .
- Warm – up
Students ask and answer the questions.
Students listen and read exercise 3.
Which word is different ? Why ?
- orange apple chicken banana
Chicken is different because it isn’t a fruit.
- hamburger sandwich pizza recipe
- brown green music red
- face eye desk leg
- milk juice tea butter
- honey sofa sugar rice
- We use many with count nouns in questions and negatives.
How many eggs are there ?
There aren’t many eggs.
- We use much with uncount nouns in questions and negatives.
How much coffee is there ?
There isn’t much coffee.
- Practice .
much or many ?
- Complete the questions using much or many.
How _______ people are there in the room ?
How _______ money do you have in your pocket ?
How _______ juice do you drink ?
How _______ petrol is there in the car ?
How _______ apples do you want ?
How _______ milk is there in the fridge ?
- Choose an answer for each question in exercise 1.
There are two bottles.
Ten a day.
Just fifty pence.
Twenty. Nine men and eleven women.
- Correct the sentences .
How much apples do you want ? – How many apples do you want ?
He don’t like an ice – cream. –
We have lot of homework today. –
How many coffee do you have? –
How many do you weigh ? –
- Exercise 7. Students look at Asel’s shopping list , in pairs ask and
answer questions about it.
- Make a shopping list each and roleplay conversations .
- Ask students to write few sentences about how much food and drink there is in their fridge and read it to the class.
Homework : exercises from the workbook.