What is Jane going to do?
Theme: What is Jane going to do?
Objectives : Educational
To teach pupils to use new words and phrases
in oral speech.
To develop pupils` abilities and skills in their
speech through asking & answering questions
To bring up pupils to spend useful their free time
Pupils will be able to speak about their plans
using the structure “ to be going to”.
Visual Aids: pictures, cards, poster, interactive board.
- Greeting T—Cl.
- Dialogue with pupil on duty. T —-P. on duty
Read and find the odd one out.
- pen exercise-book pencil car ruler
- teacher doctor actor engineer taxi
- windy rainy hungry sunny cloudy
- Christmas Nauryz Halloween Thanksgiving
- Vocabulary T –Cl.
- Shower to take a shower
Play to play tennis
Play computer games
Watch to watch TV
Have to have lunch
Cook to cook a meal
Ride to ride a bike
Listen to listen to music
Homework to do homework
- Write the words in the right column
[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Take, play, lunch, shower, watch, computer, ride, bike, cook, meal.
- Matching words with pictures .
- Using words in sentences.
- Grammar “ to be going to..”
- Forming be going + to+ Infinitive
Examples : I am going to visit the museum.
You are not going to stay at home.
Are they going to ride a bike tomorrow ?
- Grammar Reference p. 145
- Reading . Ex. 8(c ) p. 119
- Read and find the sentences with structure “ going to”
- Doing of consolidation exercises.
- Complete the sentences using the structure “ going to”& put the necessary form of the verb “ to be”.
- She … … to play the piano.
- I … not … to buy this book.
- … you … to write a composition tomorrow ?
- Write sentences using “ be going to”.
Example: It / rain It is going to rain.
- They / eat / a hamburger.
- He / not / watch/ a film.
- We / play/ volleyball.
- I / give / it next week.
- Working at the cards.
Card #1. Write negative sentences using “ be going to”
- Asel /not / visit / the British Museum.
- She / not / have / a holiday this summer.
- They / not / play / computer games.
Card # 2. Ask questions using “ be going to”
- ( stay at hotel) ———- ?
- ( eat in a restaurant) ———?
- ( swim in the sea ) ———?
- Working at pictures & making up of sentences
using “ be going to”
- Making up of dialogues. P1 —-P2, P3 —P4.
Example: What are you going to do tomorrow?
I am going to write a composition.
next week visit my grandparents
at 10 o`clock do homework
tomorrow help my friend
in summer swim in the sea
- Conclusion of the lesson. T—Cl.
What have we done today on the lesson?
What have we learnt today?
I want to finish our lesson with the words of John Galsworthy “ If you do not think about future you can not have one”
- Giving up of the marks to pupils. T—P1, P2, P3 etc.
- Homework a. learning of words by heart b. Grammar Reference p. 14 c. Ex. 10, 11 p. 120