The theme of the lesson: “ Transport in London ”
- The theme of the lesson: “ Transport in London ”
- Objects: 1. Introduction of new material:
a)lexic: revision last words
b)grammar: revision: Gerund
- Consolidation of new material: work with book, active board.
- 1. Developing of pupils skills: in reading, writing, auding,
- 2. Up- brining: to teach pupils to respect their friends, to love their Motherland. To be healthy and wealthy. To know other countries.
- 3. Practical: to use the new words of the lesson in dialogic speech.
III. Form of the lesson: traditional
- Type of the lesson: new lesson
- Methods of the lesson: demonstration, explain, conversation, translation.
- Visual aids: pictures, new words, games, active board.
VII. Literature: T. Ayapova “English” 9th form.
Plan of the lesson:
- Beginning of the lesson
- Organization moment
- Checking – up the home task.
- Basic part of the lesson
- Work with book
- Work with exercises.
- Concluding stage
- Giving the home task
- Organization moment.
- Good-morning, boys and girls!
How are you?
Who is on duty today?
Who is absent today?
What date is it today?
What day is it today?
- I` ll check – up your home task. Ex 6 p 68. Make sentences about yourself.
- I dislike to eat junk food.
- I enjoy to read books.
- I often feel like that I` m tired .
- I would like to give up to eat sweets.
- I don` t mind to sing a song.
- I often try to put off
- I don` t like to risk with my life.
- Basic part of the lesson.
- The theme of the lesson is “ Transport in London”. Today we` ll continue our last lesson about GB, London and transport. And I want to check – up new words. Say me please their.
- New words:
Double – decker bus – двухэтажный автобус
Single – decker bus — одноэтажный автобус
Conductor – кондуктор
Inspector – контралер
Coach – экипаж, автобус
Queue – очередь.
- Ok, what do you know about London?
- London is the capital of Great Britain.
- The Houses of parliament – it is the place where government works.
- Big Ben — it is the clock.
- Buckingham Palace is the residence of the Queen.
- The Tower of London is the historical monument
- Westminster Abbey is the church.
- What kind of transports do you know? (a car, a plane, a taxi, a train, a bus, a bicycle, etc). Now look at the blackboard.
Ok, can we see these transports in our village. What kind of transports can we see in our village? What kind of transports can we see in London?
Ok, Let` s read the text about “Transport in London”. Ex 1, p 66.
| My village|
1. No underground
2. Single-decker bus
3. People in my village haven` t queue
1. 300 underground stations
2. Double- decker bus
3. People in Britain have queue
- Ok, very good! Let` s compare the system of public transport in London and our village (city). And draw a table of this kind in your notebook.
- Next, let` s call to remember about Gerund. Gerund is the verb form with + ing. Ok, let` s do exercise. Open your exercise-book and write down
Ex 1. You must use these verbs in right form.
|Read, make, listen, use, forget|
- He tried to avoid answering my question.
- Could you please stop making so much noise.
- I enjoy listening to music.
- Have you finished reading the newspaper yet?
- My memory is getting worse. I keep forgetting
- I don` t mind your using the phone as long as you for all your calls.
- Concluding stage
- Let` s play game. 1st game is called “Find someone who …” .
I ` ll give you card, you must find peoples.
- Find someone who is wearing red today
Find someone who did not eat breakfast today
3. Find someone who has more than two brothers and sisters
4. Find someone who can speak at least 4 languages
5. Find someone who has traveled to a different countries
6. Find someone who has met someone famous
7. Find someone who has blond hair
8. Find someone who is an only child
9. Find someone who likes to play sports
10. Find someone who has never traveled outside of Kazakhstan before.
- 2nd You must find word connected with Great Britain.
Answers: car, London, train, ship, airplane, bycicle, Big Ben.
- “Manchester” and “Hairdresser” you must find as many words as you can.
- I` ll give you home task. Your home task is Ex 3 p 189.
- Today … works very well. Your mark is 5
….., and you work very well, your mark is 5 too.
…. Works well, your mark is 4., etc.
Our lesson is over!
Good – bye!