“Do you know English well?”
- To revise and consolidate English alphabet, to check pupils’ knowledge.
- To develop pupils’ oral and written communication skills and habits, to improve pronunciation and translation skills. To motivate group work.
- To bring up feelings of friendship and respect to each other.
Equipments: alphabet, cards with words and tasks, computer, interactive board.
Type of the lesson: lesson-competition
Procedure of the lesson
- Beginning of the competition
- Dividing pupils into two groups: “Tom”, “Jerry”
- Choosing captains
Ladies and gentlemen! Boys and girls! Welcome to our lesson! The club of clever and serious! We begin our quiz. The quiz “Do you know English well?” Meet our friends.
Let me introduce you our judges. They will give you marks and count your points.
- Do you know alphabet well?
Do you know all English letters? Before the game I want you to answer my questions about the alphabet.
- How many letters are there in the English alphabet?
- How many vowels?
- How many consonants?
Now, children, I’ll show you cards with the letters, you must say what letter is it. In this stage two persons from each team can take a part.
I have a serious problem. All the letters in my bag are mixed. Help me to put them in pairs: big and small.
- Fill in the card
Each team act out the dialogues: “Meeting” and “Introduction”
- – Hi, what’s your name?
- Hi, I’m Colin. And what’s your name?
- My name is Dana.
- Nice to meet you.
- Nice to meet you, too.
- – Hi, Asel!
- Hi, Jane. How are you?
- I am all right. And you?
- Fine, thanks.
- See you soon.
- Alphabetical order
Put the words in the alphabetical words.
Apple, book, cards, duck, eagle, fridge, gate, happy, iron, jug, kettle, letter, moon, nice, owl, paper, queen, rabbit, swan, tiger, umbrella, violin, window, xylophone, yacht, zebra.
- Poems and songs
- Spring is green
Summer is bright
Autumn is yellow
Winter is white.
- Good night, Father,
Good night, Mother
Kiss your little son.
Good night, sister
Good night, brother
Good night everyone!
Each team choose three envelopes and do tasks.
- Read these words: London, Kazakhstan, name, seven
- Introduce you to classmates
- Count from 1 to 10
- Translate the sentences into English.
- Introduce your friends
You are very smart and bright. You know everything. I am very sorry but it’s time to finish our holiday. And let’s do it with a merry song about English alphabet. It is our final game.
I hope you enjoyed the holiday and now it’s time to listen to your results (all the pupils are given certificates and medals. Thank you very much for the holiday. Good bye!