The theme: First people
- The pupils will be able to know about the first people;
- To develop pupils‘ speaking, reading, writing abilities
- To enlarge pupils’ outlook on history
- Warm up. Your associations about the first people:
Village Tents Tools
Blankets Hunter Spear
- Sing a song: We’re going on a picnic
Children: We’re going on a picnic
Leaving right away,
We’re going to stay all day.
Dad: Would you like some ice cream?
Children: Yes, we’d like ice cream.
Dad: Would you like some salad?
Children: Yes, we’d like some salad.
Children: Ready for a picnic. Here we go!
Dad: Would you like some melon?
Children: Yes, we’d like some melon.
- Answer the question:
- Where were people first? (Africa)
- What was there? (water, trees)
- Where were people next? (Asia)
- Who was there? (hunters)
- What did they have? (spears)
- What was there? (fire) (trees) (tools)
- Where were people then? (Europe)
- What was there? (caves, clothes)
- Where were people later? (Australia, North and South America)
- What was there? (caves, tents) (rings, necklaces)
- What was there then? (villages) sheep, goats, blankets, pots, bread
- Who was there? (farmers)
- Put these words into the basket:
eggs nuts meat
bread sweets cakes
sugar water lollipops ice creams
- Fill in: was, were, had
- There … caves and warm clothes.
- He … a big farm.
- There … sheep and goats.
- They … farmers.
- They … spears.
- Nick … a tent.
- There … fire.
- What did they eat?
Cakes, eggs, honey, ice cream, nuts, grapes, milk, orange juice, sweets, leaves, bread, water, lollipops, sugar, dates, meat.
There was There wasn’t any There were There weren’t any
Word order game
- of on walls there caves the were.
- the many first people of had.
- eating for this was.
- Asia is from this.
- was in there Asia.
- for women were there men and.
- The conclusion:
To write a composition about the first people
Write the verbs in Past Simple:
- We … chickens (to have).
- You … at school yesterday (to be).
- He … a pony (to have).
- They … sheep and goats (to have).
- I … a policeman (to be).
- Nick … at the cinema ( to be).
- My mother and my father … in India (to be).
- David is reading an interesting book.
- I like swimming.
- I am going to ride a bike.
- He was at the cinema yesterday.
- My mother is going to buy me shoes.
- It was a nice sunny day.
- How much is the cheese?
- What are we going to do on Saturday?
- He is going to the shop.
- They can run across the bridge.
- We are going to go to the beach.
- School ends on the 25th of May.
- There were lots of people.
- He had many toys.
- Did she have a TV?
- He works in the old town.
- They are sleeping in the living room.
- She is teaching Maths.
- She is having a cup of tea.
- They are going to play with friends.
Circle the odd one out:
- Chair notebook cupboard table
- Daughter play eat read
- Round along go under
- Happy roof sad pretty
Find the opposites:
- Tall sad
- Thin old
- Heavy curly
- Big light
- Young short
- Happy small
- Straight fat