The theme: Famous people of Canada
Батыс Қазақстан облысы
Қасым Аманжолов атындағы жалпы орта білім беретін мектептің
Ағылшын тілі пәні мұғалімі
Хайруллина Зульфия Нұрболатқызы
Date – 15.02.2014
The theme: Famous people of Canada
- To introduce the students with the famous people of Canada
- To develop pupil’s habits and skills in speaking, writing, reading and auding and grammar abilities in Conditional sentences
- To bring up them to work together, to learn more about English country’s culture.
The type of lesson: new lesson
Visual aids: active board
The procedure of lesson:
- Organization moment Greeting pupils
- Checking up home task
Popular people of
Kazakhstan Great Britain The USA
National flag Culture Sport
National holiday People
Dear friends let’s imagine that you are in Canada now, you have a chance to meet with the most popular people in Canada. Look at the activeboard. / photos of popular people/
- Do you know these people?
- What can you say about them?
* Famous – a person or a place known by many people in many places.
E.g. a famous actor
Many famous people have stayed in the hotel.
The Eiffel Tower is a famous landmark.
- To be popular – to be well-known
- Award – a prize or other reward that is given to someone who has achieved something
E.g. She won the Player of the Year award.
- Astonish – to surprise someone very much.
E.g. Beth astonished her by refusing to help.
- Listening to the text “Famous people of Canada”
Canada is one of the laregest countries in the world. It’s population over 27 million people. Area 9,976,185 km. The capital is Ottawa. The head of the country is the British Queen. There are a lot of famous people which known all over the world:
Alexander Graham Bell , he is a inventor.Since he was born and raised in Scotland and didn’t move to Canada until he was in his twenties (along with the fact that he became a naturalized American citizen in 1882), he’s not technically a Canadian, but since he first began working on the telephone while living in Canada and lived there-on and off-until his death in 1922. Pierre Trudeau . He is a PoliticiaThis man somehow managed to hold onto the post of Prime Minister for an astonishing fifteen years, longer than any Prime Minister before or since.Something of an intellectual, he was both praised and vilified during his tenure. James Cameron. He is a director. When the average person is asked to name the most famous directors, three names are usually mentioned: Steven Spielberg, George Lucas, and Canadian-born James Cameron, director of the blockbusters Terminator, Aliens, The Abyss, and the two top-grossing movies ever, Titanic and Avatar. Not bad for a college dropout and one-time truck driver who basically taught himself cinematography Though he has lived in the United States since 1971and somewhat cavalier when it comes to ensuring safe working conditions for his cast and crew.Wayne Gretzky , Athlete. He only holds forty regular-season records, fifteen playoff records, and six All-Star records, was the leading point-scorer in NHL history, as well as being the only NHL player to total over 200 points in one season–a feat he accomplished four times–and to tally over 100 points in 16 professional seasons, 14 of them consecutive. Other than that, he didn’t do much.
Answer to these questions:
1.What text is about?
2.What famous people’s name have you heard from the text?
- Who are they?
Find the right answer:
- This famous people relocated to Los Angeles to pursue comedy? – J. Carrey
- This person recorded her first English album? – C. Dion
- This person got a knack for hockey at a very early age? – Sidney C.
- This man first began working on the telephone while living in Canada? — A. Bell
Answer to the questions:
- A) What kind of film of Jim Carrey do you know?
- b) What is the name of Celin Dion’s song, which was the best song in the film “Titanic”?
- c) What can you say about Sidney Crosby?
- Grammar revision
In this exercise you have to choose the correct verb form in the bracket!
- The accident wouldn’t have happened if the driver ( didn’t stop, hadn’t stopped, stopped) suddenly.
- If she had had enough money, she ( would buy, would have bought, bought ) the diamond ring.
- If she hadn’t cheated in the match, she ( would not be disqualified, would not have been disqualified, was disqualified ).
- If all of the passengers had put on a life-jacket, a lot of them ( wouldn’t die, wouldn’t have died, didn’t die) when the boat was capsized last week.
- He ( wouldn’t be, wouldn’t have been, was not) ill if he hadn’t gone out in the rain.
- Do you like the lesson?
- Was it interesting?
- What did you take from lesson?
- What kind of famous people of Canada do you know?
- Evaluation marks P1 –P
VIII. Hometask Topic on the theme “Famous people of Canada ”
Teacher: The lesson is over. Thanks a lot for your work at the lesson.