Theme: What should we do ?
Educational :To introduce the words and phrases on the theme,to speak about illness and injuries, to enrich the vocabulary stock.
Developing :To develop pupils` abilities and skills in their
speech through asking & answering questions
Bringing- up: To bring up pupils to keep the healthy way of life, to go in for sport.
Practical : Pupils will be able to give an advice
using should, shouldnt .
Type of the lesson: Presentation of the new material
Methods: explanation, question — answer
Visual Aids: pictures, cards, poster, interactive board.
The procedure of the lesson:
- Organization moment.
— Good morning boys and girls.
— Who is on duty today?
— Who is absent?
— What is the date today?
— What’s the weather like today?
- Checking up the home task
III. Phonetic drill. Pupils read the proverb and its Kazakh equivalent.1” Health is above Wealth”
-Can you find eight words for parts of the body?
- V. Presentation of the new words
- sick – ауру
- illness — ауру
- injuries — зақымдану
- injection -иньекция
5.sore throat -тамақ ауруы
6.fainted -талып қалу
7.earache — құлақ ауруы
8.backache – арқа ауруы
9.stomache ache – асқазан, іш ауруы
10.first – aid box – алғашқы көмек қобдишасы
-Listen to the sentences and complete the puzzle
VI . Work with the picture. Match the pictures with the sentences
- e a 3.d 4.g 5.b 6.f 7.h 8.c
VII. Fill in the blanks with an appropriate word (hurt, asthma, prescription, lung, pain, stomachache, attack, myself)
1. I hit my hand on the desk, and now it really hurts——-
2. They say she died of a heart ——-
3. She had some apples that weren’t ready to eat, and now she has a——-
VIII. Presentation of “ What should we do?”
- Listening the dialogue.
- Checking understanding of the dialogue. Are these sentences true or false?
- Lizzie has just fainted
- Martin wants to phone the police.
- The man wants to move this woman.
- Lizzie thinks that is a bad idea
- Lizzie thinks he is a first -*aid expert.
- Lizzie follows his idea.
- The woman fells fine.
- An ambulance is coming.
IX.Presentation of grammar . Modal verb should, shouldn’t.
I \ You \ He\ She should call an ambulance
We \ They shouldn’t move her.
Should Martin ring 999? — Yes, he—————-.
Should I listen to his advice ? — No,you —————.
- X. Practice
- Match problems 1- 6 with a — f. Complete the advice using the verbs in the box.
- I have got a headache.
- My feet hurt.
- I have got toothache.
- I think she is broken her arm.
- I have got stomachache.
- When someone faints, I never know what to do.
Do play sit go eat take
- You should ………..to the
- We should …………. her to hospital.
- You should………. a first – aid course.
- You shouldnt………. in front of the TV for hours.
- You shouldn’t…….. those chips, then.
- You shouldn’t…….. football in sandals.
- Here are some illnesses, give your advice for treating the problems using modal verbs should, shouldn’t.
|a) A bad headache||1) You …… take some aspirin|
|b) A toothache||2) You ….go to the dentist|
|c) An insomnia||3)You ….drink tea or coffee before a sleep|
|d) Burns||3) You… to put –burns under cold water|
|e) coughs||4) You… see the doctor|
-What should or shouldn’t we do for being healthy?
XII. Key expressions. Thanking people.
-Thanks very much.
— Thank you
-Thank you very much.
XIII. Conclusion and marking
XIV. Home task ex. 1,2 WB