Intellectual game: Who takes million?
-Welcom to the game “Who takes million?”
-The aim of the game is to enlarge, to check, to develop pupils knowledge about English and English speaking countries and understanding ability from English.
— At first I want to put you question. 1.What do you know about English and English speaking countries? ( After answer of pupils, I’ll give some information)
—Please, all look at the screen. Here you can see some information about English language,information about English speaking countries you shall get during the game.
On the screen:
* 750 million people all over the world use it.
* It has become the language of the planet.
* It’s the main language of business, sport, science etc.
* It is one of the richest language.
* There are many borrowings English in other languges.
* It’s the first trugly global language.
* Three quarters of the world’s mail are in English.
* English is the world’s computer language
-2. The second question. Why do you learn English?
— Thank you for your answer. There you can see some reasons why people all over the world want to laern English.
Every one easily think of more reasons to give if asked why he or she wants to know English. Some of such reasons are:
* It’s fun …
* My parents want me to do it.
* I like reading English.
* I want to use English in my future job.
* I want to use computer in English.
* I like English songs.
* My friend are learning English.
* I want to go to the UK Of GB or the USA, other English speaking countries.
* I want to travel and meet a lot of people, then I’ll talk to them in English.
* I would like to read English or American books in the original.
* I don’t know.
-3. The third question. What is the best way of larning English?
The best ways of larning English are:
* Have grammar and vocabulary drills.
* Read texts , poems,tails, etc.
* Write tests, dictation, etc.
* Sing songs and play games in English.
* Speak about different things.
* Make up and act out dialogues.
* Watch videos and educational programmers.
* Translate texts and poems into your native language.
* Learn words in isolation/ in context.
— Many people learn languages outside or after classes.
- The fourth question. What about you?
There are the things that they usually do.
* Borrow English books from the library and read them.
* Watch English films, cartoons and educational programmers at home.
* Put on/ stage plays in English.
* Have student exchange with a foreign school and receive guests from abroad.
* Have a pen friend and write letters to him/ her.
* Take English course outside school.
* Go to international summer camp.
* Use educational computer pragrammers.
* Make wall newspapers in English.
* Have concerts and parties in English.
— I’ll hope that all given information help youto increase your knowledge in English.
-Let’s begin our game! I invite the pupils. Please, acquaint with the players of the game. They are ……….. .
-Imagine please, that you are a fisherman or catcher of butterfly of education. Play the game and quess the words. I wish you good luck! Please, support and clap your hands for players.
— I’ll put you question. If you know the answer of the question and raises the hand the first and give the right answer, that will be a player of the game. If you understand the role of the game, we’ ll start. Listen to me carefully!
- What is a day the 14 th of February? ( Valentine’s day)
- What key doesn’t open a door? ( a music key)
3.What is white when it is dirty and black when it is clean? ( a blackboard)
4.What building has the most stories? ( a library)
- What gets wetter and wetter the more it dries? ( a towel)
- How many letters are there in the alphabet? ( eleven, T. H.E. A.L.P.H.A.B.E.T)
-Can you anwer? Good! You give the right answer. Welcome! Are you ready to be active in this game? Please, introduce yourself! Thank you! Take a place! Do you know the rules of the game? Let’s listen to riles of the game. Pay attention!
Rules of the game.
-During the game you can get three promotions. (helps)
- You can get the help from spectators. ( audience)
- You can get the help from your friend. ( relatives)
III. You can choose the answer on fifty/ fifty.
If you can’t answer the questions but you have got before this question some money, you’ll take it.
Let’s begin! Look at the screen! ( ON THE SCREEN THERE ARE OTHER 3 WRONG AND ONE RIGHT ANSWERS)
This question costs 200 ( two hundred tenge)
1.Who was the first President of the USA? ( Washington)
- What is the national symbol of America? ( tha bald eagle)
- How many states are there in Australia? ( 6, six)
- What is the real name of Elizabeth II ? ( Alexandra Mary)
5.What is the Thames? ( the river in London)
-Are you sure? May I accept this answer or do you take the help? Do you agree?
( May I ask you about your favourite subject? What is your favourite subject?)
This question costs 500 ( five hundred tenge)
- Walt Disney has created a lot of short Cartoons and many longer films. His name is very famous and not only in America. The main character of the cartoon is ………… . (a mouse)
- What bird become a symbol of Thanksgiving day? ( a turkey)
- What does the rose look like? ( a cabbage)
- What is the biggest town in New zealand? ( Aukland)
- What is the best place to put the cake in? ( a mouth)
This question costs 1000 ( one thousand tenge)
- At the beginning of the 11 th century England was already a big country and London was a vaery important city. But in 1666 there was a strong wind from the river and a big fire began. Many houses were burnt. Because the houses made of ……………….. . ( wood)
- He was an American short story writer. He wrote about Tom Sawyer, and began to work at the age of 12, was a sailor. Who was he? ( M. Twain)
- You know that there is a difference between English and american English. For ex: »кәмпит» American for candy. Say »күз» how does it sound in American? ( fall)
- He is hero of Kazakh people/ He lived in the history of people, he was the omnly man who was against the khan Jangir? Who was he? ( Makhambet)
- What is the greatest picture gallery in the world? ( Hermitage in St. Petersburg)
This question costs 5000 ( five thousand tenge). It is the unburned sum. If you answer this question you’ll get the next sum. And you’ll not burn.
1.He lived in Stratford -on-Avon. He was an English writer. He wrote about 37 plays, many books and poems. Who was he? ( W. Shakespeare)
2.From the history of London, we know it stands on the river Thames. People of London built bridges over the river. There are about 20 bridges there. London was built by ………………… . ( Romans)
- What is called the national flag of Britain? ( Union Jack)
- When do many people in the world celebrate »’Halloween»? ( October 31)
- What is the capital of Scotland? ( Edinburgh)
This question costs 10000 ( ten thousand tenge)
- One of the sightseeing in London, the Nelson’s column is situated in …………
( The Trafalgar square)
- Who built the greatst English church St. Paul’s Cathedral? ( Sir Christopher Wren)
- The novel » The Invisible Man» of H.G. Wells is …………….. . ( the fantastic novel)
- Which of the following is not a state of the USA? ( Washington D.C.)
- Where was born a famous English writer A. Cristie? ( Torquay)
This question costs 40000 ( fourty thousand tenge)
- The building of Westminister Abbey was started by ……… . (King Henry III)
- Uncle Tom, the main hero of the novel “Uncle Tom’s Cabin” was …… .
( a slave)
- Christopher Columbus discovered America in ………… . ( 1492)
- The first colonists started to celebrate the tradition of …………… ( Thanksgiving Day)
- Queen Elizabeth II came to the throne ………. . ( 1952)
This question costs 80000 (eighty thousand tenge)
- Scottish national musical instrument is ……….. . ( bag-pipe)
- The national flower of Wales is …………. . ( daffodil)
- The city of London is ………….. ( the business part of London)
- How many parties are there in the UK of G.B? ( 3 )
- What famous English writer was called “The Swan of Avon”?
( W. Shakespeare)
This question costs 1500000 (one hundred fifty thousand tenge) It is the unburned sum. If you answer this question you’ll get the next sum. And you’ll not burn.
- The national emblem of Scotland is …….. ( thistle)
- Which of these mountains can you find in the USA? ( Mc. Kinthey)
- The author of the book “ My family and other animals” is ……. . ( G. Darrel)
- How many population has Britain? ( 59 million)
- W. Shakespeare wrote ……………………… ( plays and sonnets)
This question costs 300000 (three hundred thousand tenge)
- What is the total area of the USA? ( 9 million sq.km)
- Who was Oliver Cromwell? ( a leader)
- When was A. Lincoln the President ot the USA? ( 1860)
- Where was buried Charles Dickens? ( in Westminster Abbey)
- The members of the House of Common has ………. members. ( 650)
This question costs 600000 (six hundred thousand tenge)
- When do American people celebrate Independence Day? ( July 4)
- At the entrance to New York Harbor there is the statue of Liberty. This Ststue was a gift from …………… to the USA. ( French government)
- When was the first “New York Times” published? ( 1851)
- When and Who did begin manufacturing blue jeans? ( Levi Strauss, 1850)
- What is the reak name of M. Twain? ( Samuel Langhorne Clemens)
This question costs 800000 (eight hundred thousand tenge)
- Who wrote the fairy-tale “Gulliver’s Travels”? ( J. Swift)
- Where is located the Tate Gallery? ( in London)
- Who was Mary Cassata? ( painter)
- What does the Us national flag represented? ( number of stars)
- What is the Haethrow? ( the airport in London)
This question costs 1000000 ( tenge)
- What is the oldest wtitten language? ( Chinese)
- What is the Scottish for “Lake”? (Loch)
- What country did the ancient Romans call Caledonia? ( Scotland)
- What is the Tower of London? ( the museum)
- Who fought against racialdiscrimination in the 1960’s? ( Martin Luther King)
— Dear players and spectators! Our game is over! We congratulate you with Victory! All you worked very hard. Thank you for active participation. Good-bye! See you!