The Leader of the XXI Century
The Leader of the XXI Century
- Оқушылар арасында ағылшын тілін тұлға аралық қарым-қатынас ретінде қызығушылығын арттыру.
- Оқушыларда қарым-қатынас мәдениеті мен құзыреттілігін дамыту.
- Ағылшын тілі құралдары арқылы эстетикалық тәрбиелеу.
- елтанудан өткен тақырыптар бойынша білімдерін бақылау;
- оқушыларда «Ұлыбритания» тақырыбы бойынша лексикалық материалды қолдануды тәжірибелеу;
- оқушыларды МАБ және ҰБТ сәтті тапсыруына дайындау.
Presenter 1: Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen.
Presenter 2: Good afternoon dear friends. You are welcome to our English game“ Leader of the XXI century “.
Presenter 1: We have got 4 experts.
Presenter 2 : Four participants take part in our game. /They are…/
Presenter 1: The first level is called “BAIGA”
Presenter 2: You should answer 16 questions. The first who raises the sign is going to answer. Each right answer brings you 10 points.
Presenter 2: So we begin.
- What is the symbol of Ireland? /Shamrock/
- What is the capital of Australia? /Canberra/
- Which holiday is celebrated on the 17th of March? /St. Patrick’s day./
- Which river does Stratford stand on? /Avon/
- Who is the master of the first British opera? /Henry Purcell/
- Who invented the telephone? /Alexander Bell/
- What city is the center of cotton goods industry in England? /Manchester/
- What is the name the British Queen? /Elisabeth II/
- Who is the Patron Saint of England? /St. George/
10.What is April 23d connected in England with?
/It is St George’s day who is the Patron saint of England.
That day is also the anniversary of the birth of W. Shakespeare/
- That poet was called “The Father of English Poetry”. Who is he?
- What competition is held in Wimbledon? / Tennis competition /
- Who discovered penicillin? / Fleming /
- Where was the first underground railway in the world? /in England/
- What is the longest river in Great Britain? /The Severn/
- Which is the most popular British sport? /Football/
Presenter 1: How many points have the participants got? Dear experts? You are welcome to answer.
/the results of the game/
Presenter 2: We start the second level which is called “POLYGLOT”.
You should guess 4 words and write them down in 3 languages: Russian, English and Kazakh.
Presenter 1: You can get 10 points for each right word. Are you ready to start?
Presenter 2: Mathilda is the main heroine of Roald Dahl’s book. What does she like to read?
/ книги, books, қiтаптар /
Presenter1 : What does the word “astana” mean?
/ столица, capital, астана /.
Presenter 2: What colour is snow?
/ белый, white, ақ /
Presenter 1: What season comes after winter?
/ весна, spring, көктем/
Presenter 2: Dear experts can you count the point
Presenter 1: Let’s begin our 3d level which is called “ THE GREAT 7 ”
/“THE GREAT SEVEN”/
Presenter 2: There are 9 squares on which we have questions in :
History Geography The English language Sport
Kazakh Literature Art (Music)
Presenter 1: There are 2 “living questions”. The easy one “costs” 10 points, the more difficult – 20 points, the most difficult is 30 points.
( questions are written on cards)
№ 1 What is “the Infinitive” ? /the indefinite form of the verb)
( this question may be answered in Russian)
«инфинитив» дегеніміз не? / етістіктің белгісіз формасы/
№ 2 “Living Question”
What style of music do you hear? / Jazz style /
№ 3 Where did the Olympic Games begin? / in Greece /
№ 4 Who is the author of the poem “ My Heart’s in the Highlands “ /R.Burns /
№ 5 “Living Question”(musical extract)
Name the author of the composition. / “Moon Sonata” by Beethoven /
№ 6 What is the name of the first known actor? / Thespis /
№ 7 Translate the word “love” into the Kazakh language. / махаббат /
№ 8 When did the Great Fire of London take place? / in 1666 /
№ 9 Who discovered Australia? / James Cook /
Presenter 1: Now let us know who leaves us. What are the results?
Presenter 2: The fourth level. It is called “KOKPAR”
Presenter 1: We have got 16 pictures. Every participant choose the picture for his(her) opponent.
Presenter 2: There is one “Bonus” ( + 40 points ) and there is one “Mine” (- 40 points )
Presenter 1: … choose the picture, please.
( Оқушылар бір-бірден суреттерді таңдайды. Ең аз балл жинаған оқушы бірінші таңдайды.)
Picture 1: What is the name of the actor? / David Duhovny / 20
Picture 2: This is the portrait of a king. What is his name? / William the Conqueror / 20
Picture 3: What is it? / Trafalgar square/ 20
Picture 4: What is the name of the holiday you see? / St. Patrick’s Day /
What is the name of the clock? / Big Ben /
Picture 5: Which country does this flag belong to? / The UK /
Picture 6: What is it? / St. Paul’s Cathedral /
Picture 7: What is the name of the bridge? / The Tower Bridge /
Picture 8: It is the Kazakh national instrument(s). / the kobyz, the dombyra/ 20
Picture 9: What is this flower called? / the red rose /
Picture 10: What is this place called? / Stonehenge /
Picture 11: What are these men? / The Guards of the Tower /
Picture 12: What is the name of this London bus? / Double Decker /
Picture 13: Which portrait is this? / W/ Shakespeare / 20
Picture 14: What is the name of the church? /Westminster Abbey/ 20
Presenter 2: The next level is called “ZHORGA” . You should answer 10 questions. Each question is 10 points.
1) Which street did Sherlock Holmes live?
/Backer Street 221B/
2) What is the antonym to the word “GOOD”? / BAD /
3) What is the symbol of Scotland? /thistle/
4) What is the capital of Northern Ireland ? / Belfast /
5) What is the name of Dickens? / Charles /
6) The highest mountain in the British Isles is …
/ Ben Nevis /
7) What is the Russian for “favourite”? / любимый /
8) When is Christmas celebrated? / on the 25th of December
9) What day comes after Sunday? / Monday /
10) Who is the author of “Romeo and Juliet”
/ W. Shakespeare /
Presenter 2: 1) Which street is the residence of the British prime-minister?
/ Downing Street 10 /
2) What is the antonym to the word “BIG”? /small /
3) What is the symbol of Wales? “ daffodil “?
4) What is the capital of Scotland? / Edinburgh /
5) What is the name of Byron? / George Gordon /
6) The highest mountain in Wales is… / Snowdon/
7) What is the Russian for “famous” /известный /
8) When is Halloween celebrated? / on the 31st of October /
9) What day comes after Saturday? / Sunday /
10) Who is the author of “ Oliver Twist “? / Charles Dickens /
Presenter 1: Who is the Leader of the XXI century?
Presenter 2: Our competition is over. Thank you for your attention. Good bye!
Сабақтың қорытынды кезеңі. Рефлексия. Баға қою