The theme of the lesson: My favourite sport
- The aims of the lesson:
- Talking about different kinds of sports in the world and Kazakhstan;
- Developing reading, writing, speaking, listening skills;
- Bringing up love and interest to the subject and sport.
- The visual aids: an interactive board, a blackboard.
The Procedure of the Lesson
- Organization moment:
T: Good morning, students!
S: Good morning, teacher!
T: How are you?
S: Fine, thanks.
T: Who is on duty today?
S1: I am on duty today.
T: What day/date is it today?
S1: Today is the 29th of November.
T: Who is absent today?
- Checking up the homework:
T: What was your homework?
S: To look through about sport .
Dear, dear boys and girls
What is better than the toys?
I think sports are good for all;
You can swim, play basketball,
Table tennis and football.
You can jump and you can run
And have a lot of fun.
Teacher: Let’s read the poem together.
- New lesson:
cycling –велосипед тебу
favourite – сүйікті
football – футбол
horse riding – атқа міну
ice-skating – коньки тебу
skateboarding – скейтборд тебу
skiing – шаңғы тебу
swimming – жүзу
tennis – теннис
table tennis – үстел теннисі
wrestling – күрес
volleyball – волейбол
boxing — бокс
hockey — хоккей
T: Let’s practice the pronunciation.
Ex 2 Guess what sport it is.
- This is an outdoor sport for two teams of eleven players. You need a ball, two goals and referee.
- This is an indoor game for two players. You need a special table, a racket for each player and a small, white ball made of plastic.
- This is an indoor sport for two teams. You need an orange ball and referee.
- This is winter sport. You need gloves, special glasses and a ski.
- This is a water based sport. You need a swimming pool.
Ex 3 Complete the diagram
Ex 3 Make a dialogue.
Talk to your partner. Speak about sport in Kazakhstan and about sport you play and you like.
P1: What is your favourite sport?
P2: I like playing football.
Ex 4 Project work. Divide into two groups. Take one sport and describe it.
Ex 5 Divide these sports into two groups.
|Boxing, basketball, skiing, tennis, table tennis, football, horse riding, skateboarding, hockey, wrestling.|
|Outdoor sports||Indoor sports|
Teacher: Write a summary about your favourite sport.