Theme: Do you help in the house?
The aims of the lesson
Educational: to enrich vocabulary, to pay attention to pronunciation and use subject and Possessive pronouns.
Developing: to develop reading, speaking critical thinking skills memory and creative working.
Brining up: to bring up students to respect and love their parents and always help them at home.
Methods: explaining, questions, answers, matching.
Form: individual, pair work, work with class.
Materials: a book. pictures.cards
Technical means: Interactive board, personal computer
Stages of the lesson:
III. Checking the home work;
VIII Home task
Procedure of the lesson
- Good morning!
- I’m very glad to see you.
- Who is on duty to day?
- Who is away?
- What date is it to day?
- What day is it to day?
- What season is it now?
- What month is it now?
- II. Warm-up.
Six, silly, sisters, sell, silk, sickly, senior, citizens
III. Checking the home work. Ex 5, p. 92
- There are twenty chairs in our classroom.
- There are ten desks in our classroom.
- There are three pictures in our classroom.
- There are two windows in our classroom.
- There are eleven plants in our classroom.
- There are seventeen bags in our classroom.
- IV. Presentation-P1
- always — әрқашан
- once/twice a week-аптасына бір/екі рет
- four times-төрт рет
- to make one’s bed-төсек салу немесе төсек жинау
- to tidy one’s room-үй жинау
- to take the rubbish out-қоқыс шығару
- to do the washing up-ыдыс жуу
- to lay the table-дастарқан жасау
- to do washing-кір жуу
- ever-әйтеуір бір, бір кездерде
IV a) Grammar in focus
- One’s-my, his, her, our, your, their
- I make my
- She/he makes her/his bed.
- We make our beds.
- You make your beds.
- They make their beds.
I my We our
He his You your
She her They their
Read page 94 exercise 1.
- Colin: I often help my mother in the house. I usually make my bed, sometimes tidy my room. I always take the rubbish out. I seldom do the washing up and never lay the table.
- Colin: Do you ever help your Mum in the house, Omar?
- Omar: Yes, I do. I often help my Mum.
- Colin: How often do you make your bed?
- Omar: I always make my bed.
- Colin: And how do you tidy your room?
- Omar: Once a week. Usually on Saturday afternoon.
- Colin: Who lay the table in your family?
- Omar: My Mum does.
- Colin: So does my Mum.
Page 95 Exercise 4
Right (v) or wrong (x)
- Colin seldom helps his mother.
- Colin sometimes tidies his room.
- Colin always does the washing up.
- Colin usually makes his bed.
- Colin never lays the table.
- Colin seldom takes the rubbish out.
Page 95 Exercise 4
- 1) Colin seldom helps his mother. +
- 2) Colin sometimes tidies his room. +
- 3) Colin always does the washing up. +
- 4) Colin usually makes his bed. +
- 5) Colin never lays the table. +
- 6) Colin seldom takes the rubbish out. +
VI Production P3 c) Page 95 Exercise 5
- Answer the questions. Use the words in the box. seldom
- Example: Does Colin ever help his mother? sometimes
Yes, he often helps his mother. usually
- — Does Colin ever make his bed? never
- — Does Colin ever tidy his room? often
- — Does Colin ever take the rubbish out?
- — Does Colin ever do the washing up?
- Does Colin ever lay the table?
VI a) Page 95 Exercise 6
Example: Do you ever help your mother?
Yes, I often (always) help my mother.
- — Do you ever make your bed?
- — Do you ever tidy your room?
- — Do you ever take the rubbish out?
- — Do you ever do the washing up?
- Do you ever lay the table?
VII. Conclusion Ex 1 p. 57 W/b
Write about Carol using the information in her questionnaire.
|Do you ever|
|1) help your mother ?|
|2) make your bed ?|
|3) tidy your room ?|
|4) lay the table ?|
|5) watch TV ?|
|6) take the rubbish out?|
|7) do the washing up?|
VIII. Home task
- Page 96 Exercise 13
- Write about the jobs you do and don’t do in the house.