Lesson theme: Pollution Step1 The Youth Eco –Parliament
Lesson theme: Unit 3 Pollution Step1 The Youth Eco –Parliament
Date: 8. XII
Grade: 11 B
Visual aids: Slides about the Aral Sea, cards, the map of Kazakhstan
The aims of the lesson:
- Educational: to read and to learn the words and to teach puplis to express their opinion about the Aral Sea an to teach to assess the problems of ecology and think of the ways we should help
- Developing: to develop student’s communicative skils and abilities using various kinds of activities and to develop student’s skills and habits in oral speech and to enrich their vocabulary an the theme
III. Bringing up: To teach pupils to love and to preserve the environment
- The type of the lesson: mixed lesson
- The method of teaching: explanation, asking and answering the questions, speaking about the environment, repetition, watching the slides about the Aral Sea Disaster
- Subject connection: Kazakh, Rassian, Geography, Biology
VII. Literature: newspapers, magazines, internet
The procedure of the lesson:
- a) Greeting: — Good morning, dear students!
- b) Duty’s report
- Checking up the home task
T: At the previous lesson we have written the text. Now, I want to know how did you improve your vocabulary of Unit 2. I’ll give you cards, you have to translate the words into Kazakh.
Card №1 Сard №2
Available [ә’veilәbl]-түсінікті Terrified [,terә,faid] – қаттыкүйзелген
Relieve [ri’li:v] – жеңілдету Petrified [,petrә’faid]- сілейіпқалған
Cure [kjuә] – дәрі, ем, емдеу syringe [si’rindʒ] — шприц
Stitch [stitʃ] – тігіс disinfectant [,diʒin’fekrant] – дезинфекциялықдәрілер
Spread [spread] – жаю, тарату
Inject [in’dʒekt] – дәріжіберу
Сard №3 Card № 4
Grip – ұстапалу aid – көмек
Spit – түкірік loose – бос, босаңкерілген
Complain – арызайту avoid — қашу
Herbalist – өсімдіктендәріжасаушы reassure — жұбату
Prick – тікенек, дәріегуinjure -жаралау
Presentation of the new lesson
Unit 3 Pollution
Step 1 The youth Eco – Parliament
T: We are going to speak about problems of the environment and about problems the environment and environmental protection. We will try to understand why environmental problems worry the people and necessity of fighting the pollution.
But first of all I want to ask you about the meaning of these words:
Pollute – means to make water, air, soil, forests dangerously dirty, impure
Pollution – means the action of polluting
Enviroment – means all the surrounding conditions, the natural conditions such as air, water and land, in wich man lives.
Now, “What ecological problems are their in our country?” Let’s complete the diagram
Killing birds, animals and Fishes Fire at extractions facility
Plants die from pollution Pollution of water, air, land
Litter is on the streets The death of Aral Sea
Nuclear testing ground
Cutting and burning the tree
The problems of the rubbish
T: You should study grammar and learn words
To know English better,a lit bit of grammar
The use of the modal verb “should”
Should is used to express what the best thing to do.It expresses mild obligation or advice.
The pollution of the environment is the result of the man’ s activities.People do a lot of harm to the environment.Time has come to protect the environment.The earth is in our hands
What should you do or shouldn’ t you do to protect the environment?
Protect woods and forests walk a lot keep the country tidy
Take care f living things Grow flowers plant trees
help damaged birds animals Preserve natural recources
Use less energy,petrol.electricity and
Use cars a ot be litter bugs cut down trees around our houses
Pollute water,land ,air Use so many chemicals in the land or in
Set fields and forests on fire
The Earth is our home,so we must be everything possible to keep our land ,air and water clean . And today we are going to speak about the Aral Sea. But it is not unfamiliar theme for you. What can you say about the Aral Sea?
- Brainstorming. (answering the questions)
First 3 questions for the first group
And other 3 questions for the second group
You must put questions to each other
- Have you ever been to the Aral Sea?
- Have you ever heard about the Aral Sea ?
- Where is it located?
- What sea is it now?
- What’s the problem of the Aral region ?
- Is the problem of the Aral sea only the problem of Kazakhstan?
- Presentation of the new words:
Damage-шығын, зақым келтіру
Contain-бір нәрсенің ішінде болу
- Pronunciation of the words
VII. Watching the slides about the Aral Sea
VIII. Reading the text and translating it
- Finding the new words from the text
- Answering the questions
- Was the Aral sea the fourth largest lake in the world?
- How many species of fish were in the Aral Sea?
- Why did the fisherman lose their jobs?
1.Is the dying Aral sea one of the world’s environmental disasters?
- What have been damaged?
- What is the fertile soil covered by?
- Doing of exercise 9
- A paragraph which describes the background of the Aral sea
- …………which describes the causes of the Aral sea to the environment
XII .Which title would you like to choose for this test?
- Ecological problems of Kazakhstan
- The Aral Sea Disaster
- Tackling the Aral Sea Disaster
XIII. Reading comprehension. Talking to a partner (class)
- Choosing the right answer
1.The Aral Sea was
- the first largest
- the fourth lake in the world
- the fifth lake in the world
2.The Aral Sea was the home to 24 species of
3.The Aral Sea is one of the of disasters of
- the world
- Kyzylorda region
- The air pollution and the water pollution cause serious
- trade problems
- health problems
- travelling problems
- Assessment of the pupils
XVI. Giving the homework: exercise 6
To learn by heart the new words
To retell the text “The Aral Sea Disaster”