Theme of the lesson: Plants and animals
Aims of the lesson: 1. a) to speak about plants and animals;
- b) to learn the vocabulary on the topic;
- a) to understand oral speech;
- b) to enrich listening comprehension;
3) to understand and love the nature;
Type of the lesson: Discussing
Method of the teaching: pair, group work
Visual aids: Pictures, cards, a tape- recorder, an interactive board
Connections with the subject: Geography
Procedure of the lesson
I Org moment
Short conversation teacher pupil on duty
Talking about (season, weather, date of the day)
- What autumn month’s are? Name me it?
- Who want’ s to describe the season autumn
II Checking up the home task
- to write poems about animals
- Listening task Ex;8 from CDR
- To put questions for discussion
What is your favorite animals or flowers?
III Checking up the pupils knowledge
- Do you know anything about life in the desert?
- Is there water?
- What kind of animals live there?
4.Do you know anything about life in the tropical forest?
- What animals live there?
IV Explanation of the new material
Remember the words: practice the pronunciation
Cool [ ku: l] adj – салқын
Insects [ ‘ insekt] n – жәндік
Lifeless [ ‘laiflis] adj – жансыз, өмірсіз
Hide [ haid] v – тығылу
Seed [ si:d] n – дән, астық
Wither [ ‘ wi ә ] v – солу
Read and remember
a wolf – wolves
a fox – foxes
a squirrel – squirrels
a rabbit – rabbits
a zoo – zoos [ zu: z]
Work with book. Read the text about “Dogs and foxes”
“ Life in the desert”
Work with CDR
Sing the song “ Dance with me”
Listening task: complete the dialogue with Present simple tense
Chris: Hello, Anne. How _do_ you usually spend your free time?
Anne: I usually go to the cinema
Chris: Do you always drive there?
Anne: No, sometimes go by tram
Chris: Don’t you go by bus? I saw a bus stop next to your house
Anne: Well, I don’t like to go by bus
Work with CDR
V Conclusion of the lesson
1) What we must do that to grow this flower?
2) What we must do that to keep animals on the world?
VI Home task: to solve
R i d d l e s
- lives in the house. It likes fish and meat
- It lives in the forest. It likes bananas
- This animal likes grass. It is a domestic animal. It gives us milk.
VII Commenting marks