Есте жастан оқытылып отырған сынып
The theme of the lesson: The Modal Verb “can”
The aims of the lesson: — to develop communicative skills and abilities through
different communicative activities, to teach the usage of
the modal verb “can”
-to encourage real use of language in group and pair work;
— to develop the students’ interests for the language,
singing a song, playing games.
The method of the lesson: Дамыта оқыту технологиясы.
The visuals: new words, pictures, Enjoy -1, rhyme, T-chart, activboard and
New words: hopscotch, with us, with great pleasure.
The procedure of the lesson:
- Organization moment:
- Checking-up the home task:
Ex: 9. p.68. Read the letter and translate into Kazakh and Ex: 10. p.69. Answer the questions.
What do you want to be?
Do you want to be ………?
What’s your father? – He is an engineer. (mother, aunt, uncle, grandmother)
- Association: Now, children what can we do?
- The theme of the lesson: The Modal Verb “can”. Open your copybook and write down, please.
The Modal Verb “can”. Қазақ тілінде бір нәрсені «істей алу» (мүмкіндігі, қабілеттілігі) деп аударылады. Жалпы сөйлемдер болымды, болымсыз және сұраулы түрге бөлінетін болса, ондағы «can» модалдық етістігінің жасалу жолына тоқталайық. Мысалы: «can» модалдық етістігі бастауыштан кейін және негізгі етістіктің алдында тұрады.
+ I can dance.
— I can not (can’t) dance.
? Can you dance? (Yes, I can. / No, I can’t).
We must write negative and question form.
- Work with the picture: Now, children open your book at page 73. Ex:5. Look at the picture. Say what these animals can or can’t
- A Game “Can you…?”
Now, children let’s have a rest. I shall ask you questions. You must answer and do it.
1/ Can you sit? Sit, please.
2/ Can you swim? Swim, please.
3/ Can you stand? Stand, please.
4/ Can you dance? Dance, please.
5/ Can you count? Count, please.
- Ex: 7. p. 74. Now, children listen to the tape. Then we’ll read the dialogue and translate into Kazakh.
- hopscotch – классикалық ойын
- with us – бізбен (бірге)
- with great pleasure – үлкен қуанышпен
- The next part of our lesson: Think of your own dialogue and act it out. I’ll give 2 minutes.
- A song: “BINGO”.
Now, children stand up, please. Let’s sing our song “BINGO”
- Ex: 12. p. 78.
- Now, children look at the blackboard. We must compare and complete the chart.
|+||They can read.|
|—||We can’t fly.|
|?||Can you read?|
- Home Task.
- Now, children open your day book. Write down your home work. Your home work Ex: 10, 14. p.75-76. Read the questions in “A”, choose and read out the answers in “B”. Say what you have learnt. And write the words that begin with these letters.
- Is the home work clear for you?
- Your marks…
- Today you were so active. The lesson is over. You may be free. Good bye, children.
Ex: 10. p.75.
- Do you like to go to the park?
- Why do you like to go there?
- What games can you play there?
- Can you ride a horse there?
- Can you play with the ball there?
- What games do you like to play in the park?
- What games does your friend like to play?
- Is it fun to play with your friends in the park?
a/ We can play tag, hide-and-seek, leapfrog and hopscotch there.
b/ No, we can’t.
c/ Yes, we can.
d/ Oh, yes, it is.
e/ My friend likes to play hide-and-seek.
f/ Yes, I do.
g/ I like to play with my friends there.
h/ I like to play leapfrog in the park.
Ex: 9. p. 68.
Hello, girls and boys!
We are family of eight. My name is Vova. I am nine. I am a Russian boy. We are from Russia, from Yaroslavl. Yaroslavl is on the Volga. It is nice and green. It is an old Russian city.
I’ve got a father and a mother. My father is a businessman. He works in an office. My mother is a teacher. She works at school. She is a teacher of English. She likes her pupils and the pupils love her very much.
My aunt is a doctor. She works in a hospital. My uncle is an engineer. He works in a plant. My aunt and my uncle have got a son and a daughter. They go to school. We are friends. We like to play at home and on the playground.
My sister Lena doesn’t go to school. She is a baby. She is only three. She likes to play with dolls. I love my family very much.
Ex: 10. p.69. Read out the answers to the following questions.
- Where is Vova from?
- Where is Yaroslavl?
- What is his mother?
- Does she like her work?
- Have his uncle and aunt got children?
- What do the children like to do?
- Why doesn’t Lena go to school?