Theme of the lesson: Movies
Type of the lesson: new theme
Aims of the lesson:
- Introducing and practicing new vocabulary;
- Raising awareness, ear training and practicing aspects of phonology;
- Developing listening skills – prediction for specific information;
- Developing speaking skills – consolidating recently taught language;
- Developing writing sub-skills – focus on linking devices;
- Developing dictionary skills;
- Using video to build awareness of non-verbal communication
- To create a relaxed, non-threatening atmosphere in the classroom;
- Promoting interest in the culture.
Equipment of the lesson:
- Interactive blackboard
- Material on the topic films
Procedure of the lesson:
- Organization moment: (16th of october)
-Good morning, Good morning! Good morning to you!
Good morning my students! I am glad to see you!
— Good morning, Good morning! Good morning to you!
Good morning our teacher! We are glad to see you!
-Sit down, please!
-How are you?
-I am fine, thanks!
-I am fine, thanks!
-What date is it today?
-Today is the 16th of October.
-Who is absent today?
-There are all.
You know I am fond of movies. I know you are fond of movies too. Am I right? Do you like to watch films? To discuss films?
The aim of our lesson today is to train speaking about movies, actors and actresses and fame.
- Brainstorming Movies (1 min) in groups
What is the word “movies” associated with?
Write down your ideas on the sheets of paper in groups.
You have one minute only.
- Fill in the blanks with the words below:
Frightening Boring Western Cartoon
Comedy Action Exciting
- An ________ movie is a movie with a lot of fighting and it can be violent.
- A ________is a movie which is funny and it can make us laugh.
- Ghost movies are __________.
- Adventure movies are __________.
- Romantic movies are sometimes _________.
- _________ is a movie about American cowboys usually riding horses quickly and wearing hats.
- _________ is a movie with animations like Tom and Jerry.
- Read the words.
Group them into three. Draw a table of this kind in your notebook.
classical jazz horror films science fiction
western pop game-shows soap operas
thrillers news comedy talk-shows
- Tastes differ, so different people like different types of films.
Let’s watch video and pay attention to various genres which people prefer.
What genres of films are there? (Приложение №1)
- ACTION FILM
- HISTORICAL FILM
- ROMANTIC FILM
- FANTASY FILM
- HORROR FILM
- CHECKING FOR VOCABULARY
- PLOT =SERIES OF EVENTS WHICH FORM THE STORY OF A NOVEL, PLAY, FILM / MOVIES
- SCENE =THE PART OF A FILM / MOVIE
- ACTOR/ACTRESS =THE PART OF A FILM / MOVIE
- COSTUMES =CLOTHES
- SPECIAL EFFECTS =UNUSUAL OR EXCITING PIECES OF ACTION IN FILMS THAT ARE CREATED BY COMPUTERS OR CLEVER PHOTOGRAPHY
- THE CAST =The total number of actors in a play or film.
- THE AUDIENCE =The people who watch a play at the theatre
- CLAP =What these people do with their hands at the end of a play.
- DIRECTOR =The person who makes a film.
- CRITICS =Journalists who write articles about films and plays.
- REVIEWS =The name of the articles they write.
- SUBTITLES =The translation of the story of a film across the bottom of the screen.
- TO BOOK =To reserve tickets before the performance
- STARS =The most important actors or actresses in a film.
VII. At the end of our lesson you’ll get the copies of the film “Romeo and Juliet” where the events are mixed. The task is to put them in order. I know that you are interested in Shakespeare’s classic story. (Приложение №9)
Romeo and Juliet
- Paris was there and Romeo killed him.
- Then Romeo kissed Juliet the lips and drank his poison. At this moment Juliet woke up and saw that the young When Romeo heard that Juliet was dead he bought some poison and went to the tomb of the tomb of the man was on the floor and killer herself.
- Juliet did as the friar told her. Juliet’s parents thought that she was dead and put her into the family tomb.
- He gave her medicine and told her to go home and be ready to marry Paris. But when she drinks that medicine she will sleep for forty-two hours.
- Some days passed and Juliet’s father told her that she was to marry a young man whose name was Paris. Juliet didn’t know what to do. But the friar helped her.
- Romeo asked Juliet to marry him. She agreed, but nobody knew about their plan, the next day Romeo and Juliet came to friar and he married them.
- In the town of Verona there were two rich families, the Capulets and the Montagues. There was an old quarrel between those two families.
- One day Capulet made a great supper. At that supper Romeo saw Juliet and fell in love with her at once. Juliet had the same feelinds.
Key: 1-g; 2-h; 3-f; 4-e; 5-d; 6-c; 7-a; 8-b
VIII. Home work: ex. 4, p.43
The lesson is over. I want to thank you for our work.You have worked hard. I can give you only good and excellent marks today.I’ll be happy to see you again.Our lesson is over. Goodbye!