The theme of the lesson: My primary school
The objectives of the lesson:
- to develop pupils’ abilities of reading, writing and speaking
- to revise the formation of First Conditional, to in crease their word-stock and teach them to speak about primary school
- to bring up their interests and teach them to respect their teachers
Intersubjective link: Russian, Music, Kazakh literature
The outline of the lesson
- Organization moment: greeting, short conversation with pupils on duty.
- Checking up the home task given at the previous lesson:
- Revision of grammar: First Conditionals.
- Link two parts of the sentence to make it true.
- Revision of new words with the help guessing the crossword.
III. New theme: My Primary School.
- a) Assimilation: What words come to your mind when we hear the word “School”?
- Our school’s photo or video about school.
- Teacher’s leading questions.
- The date and the theme of the lesson.
- New theme: The Primary School
- a) Introduction of new words.
- b) Reading of the text of Exercise 1 page 137 – 138
- c) Classroom Exercise 2 page 138 – orally
- Intellectual game — “Make me True”
VII. Classroom Exercise 3 page 138
VIII. Make up sentences out of these words. P1 – P2 –P3 – etc
- Proverbs, poems about knowledge.
- Song “They are teaching”.
- Conclusion. Marks. Home task: Exercise 5,6 page 139.
XII. The end of the lesson.
The course of the lesson:
- Teacher: Good morning, pupils. Sit down. I want you to be more active at the lesson and show your knowledge of English.
- Teacher: At the beginning of the lesson let’s check up your home task. At the previous lesson we acquainted with , the formation of First Conditionals lot’s revise it.
If + Present Simple (V, Vs), will + V.
E.g. If it rains, we’ll stay at home.
Teacher: Let’s do the following task in order to know how do you understand this rule of grammar.
Link two parts of the statement to make it true one.
1) If I study ecology
2) If she knows English better
3) If the weather is nice
4) If I am not busy
5) If she goes abroad
6) If I have much money
7) If we go to Astana
a) we’ll visit the beautiful places.
b) she’ll stay at a nice hotel.
c) I’ll help the nature and protect the environment.
d) she’ll study abroad.
e) we’ll go out for a walk.
f) I’ll help you with your home work.
g) I’ll help the poverty people.
Answers: 1-c. 2-d. 3-e. 4-f. 5-b. 6-g. 7-a.
Teacher: Very nice. Now let’s revise the words taken at the previous lesson with the help of guessing the following crossword. Say it in a word and fill in it.
- Put into force by the law; order.
- Coming after something that is first or primary.
- we have 4 (four) of them at school in a year: winter, spring, summer and autumn.
- To change place or body position.
- To consist of, to be made of.
- A course of study offered in school, college or university.
Teacher: What is in the bottom of the crossword?
Teacher: Yes, you are right. What words come to your mind when we speak about school?
Teacher: Yes, very nice. All these words concern school theme. Today will speak about the Primary School .
- Teacher: Look at the blackboard and listen to the video.
Teacher: What do you see at the photo?
P1: It’s our school.
Teacher: What’s the number of our school?
P2: Our school is school – gymnasium number 2.
Teacher: Whose monument is there in front of our school?
P3: It is Uran Bakhtybai’s monument.
Teacher: Who is your class manager?
P4: Zhumagalieva Sagynysh.
Teacher: What’s your first teacher’s name who taught you to read and write?
P5: My first teacher’s name is ___________.
Teacher: It’s very nice of you. Today we’ll speak about the primary school. Open your copy-books and write down the date. The theme of today’s lesson step 2 “My primary school”.
Before reading and working with text, let’s take the new words.
- Include [in’ klu: d] — кіру, қосу
- Together [tә’ ge ә] – бірге
- Acquaint [ә’ kweint] — танысу
T – Cl — P1 – P2 – etc
- b) Let’s read the text of exercise 1 page 137 – 138 and translate. P1 – P2 –P3 – P4 – P5 –etc.
- c) Let’s do exercise 2 page 138 – orally.
Teacher: Answer the questions according to the text. ( 7 questions) P1 – P2 –P3 – etc.
- What age did Aidar start school at?
- When did he go to secondary school?
- How many years of study do primary and secondary schools comprise?
- How many years of study are compulsory in our republic?
- When does the school year begin and end?
- What holidays do you have every year?
- How long does every lesson last?
- Teacher: Now, let’s play the intellectual game “Make me True” P1 – P2 –P3 – P4 etc.
P1: Astana is the capital of Russian. Do you agree, Meruert?
P2: I disagree because Astana ia the heart and capital of Kazakhstan.
P3: After 4 years of primary school Aidar went to college. Is it true, Raushan?
P4: It’s false, because after primary school he went to seconday school.
P5: He learned English from the 5-th form. Do you agree with me, Akimzhan?
P6: I disagree with you. He learned English from the 2-th form.
P7: School year lasted 7 months. Is it true, Bakytkul?
P8: No, it’s false. It lasted 9 months.
P9: Each lesson lasted 55 (fifty five) minutes. Do you agree, Meirzhan?
P10: I disagree with you. It lasted 45 minutes.
P11: School year began in May and ended in September. Is it true, Altynai?
P12: No, it’s false. School year began in September and ended on the 25-th of May.
Teacher: Yes, you are right. Now let’s do exercise 3 page 138 in a written form. Look through the text and fill in the correct prepositions: for, with, of, on, at, in (7 sentences).
- Astana is the capital ____ Kazakhstan.
- I started school ______ the age of seven.
- Nine years _____ classes are compulsory.
- Our school year usually begins ____ the first ______ September and ends ___ May.
- ______ the first of September we get acquainted ____ our teachers.
- We usually had a lot ___ homework.
- If we didn’t know how to do our homework we usually asked the teachers ___ help.
VIII. Teacher: As you see, teachers are our helpers. They help us in any situation, they give us deep knowledge. What proverbs or poems about school and knowledge do you know? Look at the following table. There are 3 points: Point A, Point B, Point C.
There are 3 proverbs in each point – proverbs in English, Russian and Kazakh. You must find one proverb in 3 languages.
|Білгеніңе сенбе, біліміңе сен.
Век живи, век учись.
Learning is a source of knowledge, knowledge is a light of life.
|Учение – источник знаний, знания- свет к жизни.
Don’t rely on your strength, but rely on your knowledge.
Оқусыз білім жоқ, білімсіз күнің жоқ
|Live and learn.
Оқу – білім бұлағы, білім — өмір шырағы.
Рассчитывай не на силу, а на свои знания.
Teacher: Yes, very nice. As you see knowledge is power, it is the light if our life. We set knowledge at school from our teachers. They are teaching us to be educated because the future of our country is in the hands of the educated person. Let’s conclude the lesson with the song “ They are teaching”
1) Our school is very nice
Our school is very light
There are many, there are many teachers here
They are teaching us to read
They are teaching us to write
They are teaching. 3
2) Буквы разные писать
Тонким пёрышкам в тетрадь
Учат в школе 3
Вычитать и умножать
Малышей не обижать
Учат в школе 3
Our school is very nice
Our school is very light
There are many, there are many teachers here,
They are teaching us to know
More and more from books at school
They are teaching 3
Teacher: Thank you to all of you. Write down your home task.
Home work: exercise 5, 6 page 139.
Your marks for today’s lesson: P1 – excellent, P2 – good, P3 – satisfactory, etc.
Stand up! The lesson is over. You are free. Good bye!