Kazakhstan is my motherland
Қарағанды облысы Жезқазған қаласы Кеңгір селосындағы №2 орта мектебі ағылшын тілі пәні мұғалімі Сүттібаева Маржан Абдрахмановна. «Kazakhstan is my motherland» тақырыбына сабақ жоспары флипчартпен.
Theme: Kazakhstan is my motherland
Aims: 1. Educational: To consolidate and generalize knowledge of students on the Unit “Kazakhstan”; to enrich students knowledge in all spheres of country study; to widen their vocabulary through doing different tasks; to help to analyze the differences between two countries and their capitals.
- Developmental: To develop student’s skills in oral speech; to develop
student’s writing, reading and speaking abilities through giving several tasks;
to improve their mental and critical thinking.
- Cultural: To bring up patriots of their Motherland; to chance their
respect for people of different nationalities; to improve their pride of their
native, country; to bring up students to respect and love foreign language.
Type: revision of the previous materials; combination lesson
Method: logical meaning model, association, “Who is the faster?”, Venn diagram
Visual aids: text, map, flag, symbol, cards, videos, slides of sights of Kazakhstan,
Active Board Studio flipcharts
Intersubject connection: Kazakh, Russian, Geography, History
The procedure of the lesson:
- Organization moment:
1.Greeting:- Good morning, dear children!- How are you? Talking with pupil on duty.
2.Presentation of the aims of the lesson: Today we will revise all the materials based on the Unit “Kazakhstan”, Great Britain’’ and all the geographical theme based on country study, local sights of Kazakhstan and Great Britain.
Let’s begin our lesson with an epigraph. The epigraph of our lesson is ‘‘East or West, home is best’’. Could you say, what it means in your native language?
- WARM UP:
TASK`№ 1“Find the country” — Students should find the countries:
Rebritigatn – Great Britain
Mearcai – America
Nadaca – Canada
Acifra – Africa
Lyatl – Italy
Auaisatrl – Australia
Anihc — China
- REVISE THE UNIT “Kazakhstan” HOMETASK:
task №2 Association “Describe Kazakhstan ”
Students should think which words describe the country (a flag, a symbol, a head and a map).
- CHECKING UP THE HOMETASK:
- Pupils should retell the text about Kazakhstan.
- Make advertisements.
Welcome to …
… a pearl of …
… is famous for …
… is situated in …
… is one of the most splendid sights of …
It is just best to come and see it with one’s eyes.
Cities: Almaty, Chimkent, Karaganda
Languages: Kazakh, Russian
Population: about 16 mln people
Nationalities: more than 100
Area: 2753000 sq.km.
Flag: an eagle under the sun in the blue sky
Anthem: “My Kazakhstan”
- Revise the unit “Great BRITAIN”
task №3 “Use” Write down the word-combinations:
The Houses of London
St. Paul’s Square
task №4 “Imagine”
- What is the seat of the British Government? (Houses of Parliament)
- It is one of the most famous clocks in the world. (Big Ben)
- It was a fortress and a royal palace. Later it was a prison, and now it is a
museum. (Tower of London)
- Building was rebuilt by Christopher Wren. It has a famous Whispering
Gallery. (St. Paul’s Cathedral)
- It is a place which has a monument to Admiral Nelson. (Trafalgar Square)
- It is a royal church. English kings and queens usually get married here.
- It is a place where all the masterpieces are kept together. (National Gallery)
- An old university. (Oxford University)
Countries: England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland
Area: 244.000 sq. km.
Cities: London, Manchester, Liverpool, Bristol
Population: 58 mln people
Nationalities: English, Welsh
Languages: English, Welsh, Gaelic
Currency: ₤ Pound
Flag: It combines 3 crosses stand for the patron saints
of old England, Scotland and Ireland. It symbolizes the
union of these countries and is called the Union Jack.
Anthem: “God save the Queen!”
Political system: Parliamentary monarchy
task №5 “Compare”
Students should compare the both capitals using Venn diagram.
LONDON Both ASTANA
VII. GRAMMAR : ARTICLES
TASK №6 Fill in the table:
Task №7 Test a) the b) a c) zero
- a) the b) a c) zero
- … book I like most is »Abai zholy».
- … Alatau
- … country
- … Earth
- … Great Britain
- He is … only child.
- … Sahara
- … Bermudas
- … Czech Republic
10 …title of this book is »War and Peace»
- … Lake Ladoga
- I like playing … guitar.
- … city
- … Inanovs
- My classes are in … morning.
VIII. Conclusion stage. Evaluation. HOMETASK:
To write a composition: “A country which I’d like to visit”