Theme: ”Invitation” (Шақыру)
- Educational: to continue the development of speaking and reading skills and understanding English speech.
- Practical: to control speaking skills of the theme:”Invitation”
- Developing: to continue the development of logic thinking, memory, independence, to improve the experience of speaking skills, to develop the intellect and cognitive capacities.
The methods of teaching:
- Practical 2. Reproductive 3. Visual
Types of teaching:
- Work at lexics 2. Work at the dialogues
- Work at grammar 4. Work at pronunciation
- Answer- question work
Equipment: invitation, interactive blackboard, questionnaire.
Plan of the lesson:
І. Organization moment.
Good afternoon, children!
Good afternoon, teacher!
Dear children! I am glad to see you! Boys and girls, we have got many guests today. I think that you are glad to have guests.
— OK,Who is on duty today? — I am on duty today.
— Who is absent? — All are present.
- What date is it today? -Today is the fourth of February.
- What season is it now? -It is winter now.
- -What day is it today? -It is Friday.
- What is the weather like today? — It is sunny and foggy.
- What was it yesterday? -It was foggy and rainy.
- Checking up the home task.
Ex.11. Complete the sentences with one of the words from ex.10B.
Keys: A-dangerous, B-industrial, C-foggy, D-successful, E-pollution,
F-punished, G-invited, H-celebrate.
III. Warm up.
Ex. 1A. Find the word.
T is exactly in the middle.
W is one letter before T
A is between W and T
R is at the end
E is between T and R (water)
Ex. 1B. Have a game of this kind in groups: (G1 and G2)
Ex.2. Gr3. Your task is to read and answer the questions:
- Do you invite your friend to your birthday? Yes/No
- Do you send a postcard to your friend? Yes/No
- Do you send an invitation to your friend? Yes/No
Listen new words, repeat after me:
- boring [‘bɔ:riŋ] — көңілсіз
- disgusting [disg’ʌstiŋ] — жағымсыз
- delicious [diliʃəs] — өте дәмді
- invitation [invit’teiʃən] – шақыру қағазы
- postcard [‘pəustka:d] –ашық хат
- invite [invait] – шақыру
Ex.3. Read the invitation.
Teacher: Look at the blackboard here you can see the invitation. You must read
the invitation and write the invitation your friend now.
I invite you to my
at 10 Queen Street.
On Friday, 15 March
at 5 p.m.
- Now, write your own invitation:
To be in the Past: was/were
|in Astana yesterday.|
|in London last year.|
was not (wasn’t)
in Astana yesterday.
were not (weren’t)
in London last year.
in Astana yesterday?
in London last year?
Ex.4. Work at dialogue. Read the dialogue and answer the questions. -Where were Carol and Dmitry yesterday? (They were at the party yesterday)
Ex:5A. are the sentences true (T) or false (F)?
- Dmitry was at John’s party yesterday. -T
- The party was boring. -T
- The food was delicious.-F
- There were many people.-T
- Carol was at John’s Party too.-F
- The food wasn’t -F
- Carol enjoyed the Party.-T
Ex:5C. Read and match the words :
Ex:5D. Write the words in the right column, practice their pronunciation.
delicious, boring, disgusting, invitation, were, party, March,
[ʃ] [ɔ:] [ʌ] [ə:] [a:]
Interview your group mates:
- Were you at a Party yesterday?
- Was it good?
- Were there many people?
- Yes, I was at Asylan’s party yesterday.
- No, It was boring.
- Yes, there were.
Yesterday Abai was at the party.
It was boring.
The food was disgusting.
There were a lot of people.
He wasn’t enjoy the party.
Ex:8. My interview.
Ex:9. Write: “My interview”