Theme : Fast Food Restaurants
Aims: 1.to speak about theme using information from the text;
- to develop reading and speaking skills; to talk with your
- to make interest to the foreign arts and expect their traditions;
The form of the lesson: stage and game lesson. :
The type of the lesson: to introduce the material.
Methods: explaining and video.
Visions: cads, placards, notebook, video films, tables,
Other subjects: Kazakh and Russian languages;
Literature: a. textbook by T. Ayapova
- b. N.G. Bruises »Приглашаем к столу » p.27.1997
- »English for everybody» 4 2007.
The form of the lesson: pairs-work, group-work.
The procedure of the lesson:
- new lexical words
- reading the material
- work on the text
- role play »At the restaurants»
- video -rollick »Fast Food Restaurants in the Aktobe»
- Home work.
-Good afternoon, children
-How are you?
-Now, boys and girls, we have guests in your lesson, as you see. Lets begin our lesson.
1) I have just come from »Super market» . I have buy a lot of foods. Who can help me devide foods into two basket/ The first is »Fruits», the second one is »Vegetables».
- Odd-one-out : slide-1
- bacon, turkey, sausage, ham.
- cabbage, tomato, apple, carrot.
- lemonade, tea, coffee, sugar.
- butter, oil, cheese, milk.
III. Presentation “ Fast Food Restaurants “ (slide-2)
- The new lexical words:
hamburger, cheeseburger, pie , milkshake, coke, cheap, expensive (slide-3)
- Read and translate the text.
- Find in the text and read: (slide-4)
- What people eat at FFR ?
- How people eat the meal at FFR ?
- Why FFR-s are popular ?
- -What is FFR-s ?
-Do we have such restaurants in our town ?
-Where is it ?
Video-rollick »FFR-s in Aktobe.»
- Role play »At the restaurants»
-Hello. Let’s go to the restaurants.
Waiter: Good afternoon.
Boys: Good afternoon.
Waiter: Would you like …. / Would you like to drink ….
Boys: Yes, please. / No, thanks.
It’s our ordinary restaurant. What’s the difference between the ordinary restaurant and FFR-s?
- c) Galleries (slide-5)
- You eat with your …
- You throw the bags, boxer.
- These restaurants are…
- You eat with a…and…
- A … brings your food on a plate.
- These restaurants are …
- c) Group work:
Divide the pupils into two groups.
The first: Ordinary restaurants.
The second: FFR-s.
( work with the placards, to draw their opinions )
You are taken a lot of information about FFR-s. Try to write a little essay about it.
- Homework. (slide-6)
1) make up a dialogue.
2) reading the text.