The theme: “Comparing the systems of education in GB and Kazakhstan”
The aims of the lesson:
— introduce the systems of education in Kazakhstan, the UK and the USA;
-to explain them useful information about Education
— to answer the questions.
— to develop pupil’s vocabulary and making up sentences ability
— to compare education in UK,USA and Kazakhstan
— to learn new words about Education
— doing different levels exercises which to use grammar structures in a right form.
The type of the lesson: combined, continue the theme is Education
Visual aids: interactive board, electronic book, cards, textbook
The procedure of the lesson:
- Organization moment
- Good morning pupils!
- Good morning teacher!
- How are you?
- We’re fine. And you?
- I’m fine too, thank you?
- What date is it today?
- Today is 7th of December
- Who is absent today?
- What was your homework?
- Schools in GB, to make questions.
- Ok, let’s check up the homework.
- Checking up the homework.
Who is ready?
May I? May I? (pupils read questions and answer)
- Phonetic drill.
Now let’s learn the poem “The School”
The school has doors that open wide
And friendly teachers wait inside
Hurry, hurry, let’s go in,
For soon the lessons will begin.
Books and pencils I will need.
When I start to write and read,
Lots to learn and lots to do
I like to go to school, don’t you?
- New words
So let’s introduce with the new words.
- Education білім
- State school мемлекеттік мектеп
- Private school жекеменшік мектеп
- Compulsory міндетті
- Junior school бастауыш мектеп
- Infant school бала, сәби мектебі
- Uniform мектеп формасы
- Attend көңіл аудару
- strange жат, бөгде
- Modern school жаңа заманауй мектеп
- Grammar school грамматикалық мектеп
- Comprehensive жан-жақты мектеп
- Core маңызды
- Education in GB
- Look at the chart and remember how long education lasts in different types of schools.
- Education system in the USA
- Education in Kazakhstan
- Answer the questions
- What kind of schools are there in England?
- What does a primary school consist of?
- How many years do English pupil study at secondary school?
- What kind of schools are there in USA?
- What does A level mean?
- What school subjects have you got at your school ?
- What kind of schools are there in Kazakhstan?
- How many year of study are compulsory in our Republic?
- What holiday do you have every year?
- How long does every lesson last?
- Doing the exercises
Task 1. Complete the sentences on the basis of the text
- Compulsary education in England begins at the age of five when children go to ____________
- ____________ education lasts for six years.
- When children are seven they go to __________ school which they _______ until eleven.
- One can attend modern school but pupils of _____________ school don’t learn foreign languages.
- English, Maths and Science are called ____________ subjects.
- A boy’s ____________ consists of special suit, a school cap, a tie and a blazer.
Task 2. Fill in the correct word.
- The primary school curriculum ____________ such subjects as Kazakh, Russian, Drawing and Physical Training.
- On the first of September we got ___________ with our teachers.
- There is a sports __________ behind the school.
- If you look around the library hall you will see many __________ of _______ writers and actors.
- Boys and girls do not study together at ____________school.
- At 2 o’clock lessons _____________ again.
Compare schools in GB, KZ, and the USA
- Giving the homework.
Your homework will be to retell one of the education systems in 3 countries.
Today you were very active. I’ll evaluate all of you.
So “5”- “4”- “3”-
The lesson is over Good bye! You may go. You are free. Have a rest.
Good bye teacher!