The theme of the lesson
The theme: Trains. Travelling.
The aims: — to enrich students knowledge about Astana and London;
- To develop students grammar skills and habits of oral speech;
- To develop interest in learning English, to improve their pronunciation skills;
- To develop students skills and habits in dialogue and monologue speech through asking questions;
The method: explanation, group work, question-answer
The types: lesson by travelling
The visual aids: pictures, cards, crosswords, videos of cities.
The procedure of the lesson:
- Organization moment
В)Check up the attendance
- Phonetic drill
- Checking up the home task: write an essay “Dream vacation”
- Introduction of the new lesson
Teacher: Today I’d like to speak to you about travelling. We are going to travel beautiful cities and you’ll get some more information about Astana and London. We’ll learn some new words, we’ll read texts, answer the questions and do some exercises.
Warm-up: I think everybody likes travelling. So, during our lesson we’ll talk about travelling, means of transport, share and express opinions, and exchange ideas.
Now I’d like to start our lesson with the quotation written on the board:
“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page”
-What does it mean?
Pupil: — If you don’t travel you can not see the beauty of the world;
Pupil: — If you don’t travel you can not discover new things and different ways of life;
Teacher: OK. That’s all. Today’s our new theme is “Trains. Travelling”on page 69. Write down the date and the new theme.
Teacher: Now, let’s check your home task. –What was your home task for today? Ok, your home work: write an essay “Dream vacation” -Are you ready? –Who wants to read? Please….
So, I’d like you to answer the questions:
-Why do people travel?
-What are the reasons for travelling?
P1: People travel to discover new places.
P2: People travel to learn a language.
P3: People travel to see the sights.
P4: People travel to enjoy beautiful places.
P5: People travel to make new friends.
P6: People travel to discover different ways of life.
P7: People travel to see other countries and continents.
- What means of transport do you know?
- What are the most popular ways of travelling?
P1: The most popular ways of travelling are:- by plane
Teacher: Now , students, do you like to travel? – Yes, we do.
- Which of the transport do you prefer?
Our 1 task: Who is fastest?
Now, divide these transports into 2 groups:
I group: Astana Public transport
II group: London Private transport
First, we are going to travel Astana. We’ll see sights of Astana, beautiful places
and we learn some more information about Astana.
-Let’s look the videos about Astana on the board
Answer the questions:
- The residence of President of Kazakhstan?
- What’s the capital of Kazakhstan?
- What is the White House?
- The head of the Kazakhstan?
- What is official language in our country?
Second, we are going to travel London. We’ll see sights of London, beautiful places and we learn some more information about London.
-Let’s look the videos about London on the board
Answer the questions:
- What’s the capital of England?
- Where is London situated?
- How many people live in London?
- What place is the official home of the Queen?
- The London’s residence of Queen Elizabeth II is…..
- The head of the state in United Kingdom is….
Speaking. — What’s city of Astana?
Astana is a beautiful, expensive, crowded, clean, modern and new city.
-What’s city of London?
London is a beautiful, expensive, crowded, old and famous city.
Now, you must find from the sentences adjectives. Adjective is а describing of places, people and things. Answer the questions : What kind? Which one? How many/much?
Look at the board.
Open your books on page 69
1 group –Transport car
2 group- Transport train
Now read the text.
1 group –The Orient Express
2 group- High-Speed trains
Now you must find the adjectives from the text.
Conclusion. 1. Marking
- Giving home task: Ex 2-4 p.71
Evaluation. Our lesson is over! You were very active today. Good bye! See you soon.