Theme: Step 1.Groups «People in groups»
To teach the students to talk being in a group
- developing: To develop the students’ abilities in oral speech and
To enlarge listening, understanding and writing skills;
To develop the students’ imagination and interest in research works;
- Up-bringing: To interest to learning English;
To teach to love our Motherland and respect all the nations.
Visual aids: Interactive board, Student’s book, Activote,
different cards, slides, a ball made of
papers, tasks from another book etc.
Method of teaching: Individual work, pair work, listening, level tasks, work with the text,
writing task with self evaluation etc.
Connection with other subjects: Kazakh, Russian.
The procedure of the lesson.
- a) Greeting: — Good morning, Students!
— Get ready for the lesson!
- b) Duty’s report: — Who is on duty Today?
— Who is absent?
— What date/day is it today?
— What month/season is it now?
- Checking up the home work:
Revision of Module 4
Game “A fried potato” (In order to ask new words)is played by throwing the ball to the student asking the word in English or in Kazakh and the student should give its translation then throws it back to the teacher.
Keep a promise
Make a mistake
- Translate the sentences into your native language.
Game “Clean board”. There are sentences written in English and in Kazakh from ex.VI on the board. The teacher gives a card with sentences to each student and they should find its translation from the board and clean it. At the end the board must be clean.
- I will be 18 when I leave school.
- I think I will live abroad when I am older.
- I will phone you when I get to the station.
- I will p ut the candles when I am older.
- If it rains this afternoon, Amy will be angry.
- The ice –cream will melt if you leave it in the sun.
III. New lesson
- Brainstorming. (There are pictures. Teacher asks some questions).
-T: What can you say about the pictures?
Now match the pictures with sentences 1-5
- who calls their city The big apple?
- They eat parasites which are bad for crocodiles?
- I want you all to say “cheese”
- I like working in a team.
- We import more and more food.
-T: Yes, you are quite right. Today we are going to speak about groups, listen to the text and do some tasks in written or in oral form.
- a) Presentation of new words. Write down the new words.
- b) Now match the words with the photos 1-8. You have got two minutes.
Read the descriptions.
|Melanie Knight||Rob Green||Laura Gordon|
|Do you prefer doing things on your own or in a group?||I prefer doing things in a group.||I am an independent person. I am not very keen being with a lot of people.||I like working in a team.|
|Is there anything that you really like or dislike?||I am quite keen on playing team games. I hate getting up early.||I am interested in travelling, I can`t stand people who tell silly jokes.||I enjoy running. I can`t stand cooking, and I hate insects.|
|What are your strengths and weaknesses?||I am a good leader and I do not mind making difficult decisions. Talking too much is my biggest weakness.||Strengths? Well, I am a good carpenter so I`m good at making things. weaknesses? I`m useless at foreign languages.||I`m good at solving problems. But I`ve got a very loud laugh that sometimes annoys people.|
|Why do you want to be on Survivor?||I`d like to live on a tropical island.||I think I`ve got a lot of skills that would be useful on the island.||I want to be an actor. So I`d love to be on TV.|
- b) Individual work. Find someone who:
1.doesn`t really like being with a lot of people.
- prefer doing things in a group.
- doesn`t enjoy making meals.
- is keen on visiting new places.
- likes staying in bed in the morning.
- isn`t good at speaking Spanish.
Verb/preposition +ing form.
Some common verbs and expression can be followed by the ing form of another verb
- dislike doing
- Enjoy speaking
- Finish eating
- Keep going, continue
- Can’t help my laughing
- Cant stand doing
- Give up sleeping
- Miss writing, start
- Deny taking, begin
- Suggest thinking
- To be worth seeing
- Put off coming
- Practice exercising
- Work with the board. Ex.4 p.95in written form
Describe these people using the underlined verbs and a verb +ing. Write one sentence each time.
- Melanie loves being on a television.
- Luke doesn`t like sharing a room with his btother.
- Laura really enjoys singing in her local choir.
- Danny hates doing the washing up.
- Karim can`t stand going in lifts.
- Mary doesn`t mind working at the weekend.
- I prefer sitting at the back of the class.
Ex/4 b) Make sentences with the –ing form of these verbs.
- Thanks very much for helping me.
- Don`t ask Clare to make the dinner. She`s useless at cooking.
- Do you ever worry about finding a job when you leave school?
- Laura`s very keen on painting.
- I like talking to Luke,but he isn`t very good at keeping secrets.
- Rob is quite selfish. He isn`t interested in listening to his friends` problems.
- Fixing the new lesson.
Test a friend. Write a description of someone in the class using at least one verb +ing. Can your friend guess who it is?
- The conclusion.
- a) Giving marks.
The teacher puts marks according to the paper of evaluation.
|№||Name||Home task||New lesson||Lotto||Activote||Your mark|
- b) Giving home work.
- X p.123 in written form
- c) Good – bye. See you next time.