The theme: Keep warm
The theme: Keep warm
Aims: 1) to introduce pupils with the new theme using the new methods;
- to train pupils to speak correctly;
- to develop pupils speaking,reading and writing skills.
Visual aids: a T- chart, cards, pictures;
The procedure of the lesson
- Organization moment.
- Good morning, children. Sit down and prepare for the lesson.
- Who is on duty today?
- Who is absent today?
- What is the date today?
- Well, today we have an unusual lesson. I divided the class into 3-groups. These cards I’ll give you for marks; a happy boy is “5”, a tired boy is “4”, and an ill boy is “3”. Pupils you should try not to be an ill
The new theme.
- Awaking stage.
-Children, look at this picture. What do you see in this picture?
— Two friends. – What season is it? -It’s winter. – What are they doing ? They are riding on the sledges.- How do you think who will catch a cold first?
-The boy who puts light clothes on.- Why do you think so?I think so because he doesn’t keep warm . The weather is frosty, the temperature is below Zero.
— Well, our theme is Keep warm. At this lesson we are going to speak about problems and their treatment.
— Children, What season is it now? – It’s winter now. Good, we know that people have some problems in winter. Here is a T-chart. Write What children should do or shouldn’t do to be healthy in winter.
Keep warm Eat ice cream
Eat vitamins Drink cold water
Dress warm clothes Dress light clothes
Drink warm water Play more
Drink hot tea
- Good for you.
- Realization of meaning
- Now, children look at these new words
Listen and repeat
Happy бақытты, қуанышты
Unhappy бақытсыз, көңілсіз
- The next task is to make sentences using these words
- Group A – 2-sentences
- Group B – 2- sentences
- Group C — 2- sentences Time 3min.
When I’m happyWhen I’m cold,
When I’m tired,
When I’m unhappy,
When I’m ill,
When I’m worried, Marks for pupils
- Children, look at the blackboard. There are some pictures on it.These are containers. Complete the expressions using these containers.
- Good for you. Boys and girls look at this text. This is Asel’s diary.
The next task is to work with the text.
- a) Group A will read the text
Group B will translate
Group C will do the task T or F
- It was Thursday
- She felt fine all day
- She slept 8 hours
- She feels better today
- It’s her favourite book. Time 5min
- Now, you have understood the text. The second task is, I divided the text into 3 passage. Each group will prepare 2 questions, 1 for me, the 2 is for pupils of other groups.
Group A – 1 passage
Group B – 2 passage
Group C – 3 passage Time 5min
Teacher’s questions :
- What day was it?
- What was the matter?
- What book did she read?
- You’ll make up the dialogues using the words on the cards.
Group A – Two friend’s talk
Group B — At the doctor’s
Group C — At the chemist’s Time 5min
- Reflection ( Round robbin)
Children, I’ll give you the papers, please write down your opinions about today’s theme. Each pupil’ll write one sentence, don’t copy out.
Conclusion (A semantic map)
We finish our lesson with fulfilling the map.
Comment the marks
Giving the homework ex.7p75
— The lesson is over.Good- bye,children