- Form: 9
- Theme: Movies.
III. The Aim:
Developing pupils’ knowledge of art and to teach the use of the Past Perfect and the Past Simple.
Developing pupils’ oral speech, memory, will and to teach to tell their points of view.
Brining up pupils to have their own tastes and to differentiate the good and bad sides of things.
- The type: traditional, mixed lesson.
- The methods: question-answer, translation, individual, pair works
- The equipments: slides, cards, text.
VII. The literature: the textbook, the teacher’s book
Outline of the lesson:
Before beginning our lesson let’s do psychological test.
Circle- you are sociable, kind person. In all places you are welcome, because you always help your friends and avoid conflicts.
Square- you are strong and hardworking person. You can get, rich everything you want.
Triangle- you are leader. You like to reach difficult aims, therefore you use and do everything.
Rectangle- You are very quite. You don’t show your emotions. You always follow other’s rules, points of view.
Zigzag- you are very original person. You have unusual thinking and taste.
- Revising the Past Simple, the Past Continuous and the Past Perfect tenses.
Read about these situations and find the right answer.
- Two men delivered the bed. I had paid for it. Which came first?
- the deliver
- the payment.
- The waiter brought our tea. We had already had our soup. Which was the first?
- the tea
- the soup
- I had seen the film, so I read the book. Did I first…?
- read the book.
- see the film
- The film had ended, so I turned the TV off. Did I turn the TV off
- before the film ended
- The main stage.
What is Art? What associations come to your mind?
Translate this proverb.
Art is long, life is short.
Today’s theme is Movie.
- Answer these questions:
- Listen to the text Cinema and fill in the gaps.
- Now tell me please the advantages and disadvantages of television.
- Concluding stage