Theme Revision lesson
Theme Revision lesson
- The Aim
To check up pupils’ knowledge of Conditionals I, II, III. To teach to understand oral speech, to give phrases about the founder of the military literature in Kazakhstan, a hero of the Soviet Union in the World War II.
To develop the pupils’ speech on the topic health and sport. Develop the pupils’ memory, will, attention. Their interest to the subject.
To bring up pupils on the examples of heroism.
- The type: Revision lesson
- The methods: Question –answer, group work
VII. The equipments: interactive board, cards, slides
VII. The literature: textbook
The procedure of the lesson:
Greeting, checking the absentees, preparation.
Introducing the pupils with the aims.
According to the decision of the UNESCO (United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization) the 100th anniversary of Baurzhan Momyshuly is celebrated this year, the 65th anniversary of the Victory is celebrated this year too.
There are B. Momyshuly’s words and expressions that have become proverbs today.
“A soldier who loves his country becomes a hero”.
“If others write with ink, we write with our blood”.
“If other writers write on paper, we write on the heart of soldiers”.
Name B.Momyshuly’s books
Name books about B. Momyshuly
- Captain’s contest
- Level tasks
- Advantages and disadvantages of sport
- “If you want to be healthy”
Questions for first group
- How many parts does consist of UK?
- What is the language of America?
- How many regions are there in Kazakhstan?
- Your mother’s son is your …
- The colour of the sun
- Whose monument stands in the centre of Trafalgar Square
- The capital of Northern Ireland
- The most popular sport in America?
- When do we celebrate the Independence day?
- What do you say if you did something wrong
- They celebrate Halloween on the ..
- What is the language of Canada?
- What is the capital of Scotland?
- What is the nickname of the British flag?
- The novel Abai’s way is the work of..
- How many stripes are there in American flag?
- What is the longest river in England?
- The room where we sleep?
- The Scottish lake in which there is supposed to be a monster
- In which month is Kazakh New Year?
- Complete with one word
- England, Scotland, Northern Ireland …
- London, Edinburgh, Cardiff ..
- West End, East End, City …
- The Avon, The Severn, The Glide …
- Continue these sentences.
If I know English better…
If I were you …
If she hadn’t felt ill…
- Text. Health. Listen to the text carefully and fill in the gaps.
Good health is above wealth. If our body suffers any disorder our mind suffers from it too. We can’t be ______. The ancient Greeks knew the value of good health. They even named the one god Hughie which means the god of good health. Hughie was a daughter of Asclepiads the god of ________. The great preacher gave them good health. The Romans spoke of health in famous proverb “A healthy mind in a healthy _______”
In addition to physical health on understanding of mental health activity is also ________. Therefore if you want to feel _______ we should keep our body in a perfect order. There are such laws of keeping fit. They are so simple that even a little child can learn them. We should spend a lot of time in a _______ air, especially children should spent about 2 or 3 hours a day in a fresh air. Fresh air is very important for good health. Every day room should be _________ and aired if we want to keep fit.
We should take regular exercises and take a cool or _______ shower. Never smoke is a main _______.
It is also very important to ________ early and go to bed early. If you want to be ________ we should eat only healthy ______ and ________ vitamins.
What proverbs did you learn?
Who is the God of good health?
What should we do to be healthy?
Yes, you are right sport is also important to be healthy. Let’s speak about advantages and disadvantages of sport.
Be famous it takes a lot of time
Be fit use different medicine
Let’s write “Golden rules to be healthy”
To do regular exercises
Get up early, go to bed early
To be clean
To walk outdoors
To eat healthy food
Conclusion. I want to finish my lesson with this proverb “If you have health, you have hope, if you have hope you have everything”
The lesson is over. Good bye.