The lesson on the theme: Great Britain and Kazakhstan
The aims of the lesson:
1) Mastering of new lexics and its use in speech.
2) Revise already studied material on the theme “Geography.”
1) To develop students skills and habits in monologue (dialogic) speech through asking (answering) questions, learning, making up of different conversations.
2) To develop the student’s speaking, listening, writing habits.
3) To develop the students’ skills and habits on pronunciation.
1) To teach the students to be patriot.
2) To teach pupils to love and know about our country.
The form of the lesson: non-traditional.
The type of the lesson: Consolidate lesson
Method: group work
Functioning: work with literature at the library, making up the plan, preparing the facilities of the provision.
The visual aids: cards, posters, pictures on the theme “Kazakhstan”, “Great Britain”, interactive board, badges.
Structure of the Lesson.
- Beginning of the lesson.
b/ phonetic and speech drill
- Main part
- Results of the lesson
a/ group work
The Procedure of the Lesson
- Organization moment.
Talking with a pupil on duty about date, day, season and making absentees.
- Phonetic and speech drill.
- Reading . Today we’ll work in groups. The first team is “Kazakhstan”. The second team is “The UK”. Each group must read the text and give the translation, do the tasks.
1-st group:GREAT BRITAIN
2-nd group: Kazakhstan
3.1. Post-reading – true and false questions.
|1. The UK is washed by the Atlantic Ocean.
2. Edinburgh – is the capital of Wales.
3. The two main islands are Great Britain and Ireland.
4. The UK consists of four parts.
5. There are some 5500 islands.
6. Great Britain is rich in natural resources.
7. Kazakhstan is situated in the Central Asia.
8. Its population is about 18 million.
9. The largest cities are Almaty, Karaganda, Pavlodar and Astana.
10. The climate of the country is mild.
11. Astana is the capital of the Republic.
12. Kazakhstan borders China, Russian, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Kirgizia.
Keys:1T, 2F, 3T, 4T, 5T, 6F, 7T, 8F, 9T, 10F, 11T, 12T.
3.2. To finish the sentence. Group 1
|The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland…||…it is composed of some 5500 islands, large and small.|
|The UK is one of the world’s smaller countries..||…is the official name of the state.|
|The UK is an island state…||… the English Channel and Strait of Dover.|
|The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland…||… it is twice smaller than France and Spain.|
|The UK is separated from the European continent by…||… is washed by the Atlantic Ocean.|
|The Republic of Kazakhstan is situated…||…national flag and anthem.|
|There is a long border coast line…||…in the Central Asia.|
|Kazakhstan has its own …||… of water in the country.|
|The four rivers are the main resources…||… the Caspian sea in the Southwest.|
|Kazakhstan borders…||… China, Russian, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Kirgizia.
3.3. Complete the sentence.
- The Republic of Kazakhstan is _________ in the Central Asia.
- Its population is _________.
- Kazakh is the ___________ of the country.
- The flora and fauna ________ on the climate of the area.
- Rain usually ______ in spring and autumn.
- The area of the UK is some _______ square kilometers.
- The population of Great Britain is over ________.
- Coal and oil are the most natural _________ of Great Britain.
- The Gulf Stream _______ the English climate greatly.
- ________ takes an important sector in the economy of the country.
3.4. Make up posters with suggestions.
3.5.We’ll consolidate our lesson with victorina between two teams.
Questions for the team “The UK”.
- What’s the full name of the country of your opponents? (The Republic of Kazakhstan).
- What’s the capital of Kazakhstan? (Astana)
- How many regions in Kazakhstan? (14 regions)
- What are countries are border Kazakhstan? (China, Russian, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Kirgizia)
- Who is the head of Kazakhstan? (Nazarbaev N.A)
Questions for the team “Kazakhstan”
- What’s the full name of the country of your opponents? (The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)
- What’s the capital of the UK? (London)
- Where is the UK situated? ( in Europe)
- How many countries in the UK? (4 countries)
- Who is the formal head of the UK? ( the Queen Elithabes II)
- Concluding stage.
a/ Giving the home task
b/ Evaluation of students answers.